MTB game!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
dirtjump-derek wrote:
The Petition! Attention

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mtbvideogame/

When you sign the petition, don't go as anonymous, and leave a little comment. Otherwise it doesn't seem legit.

edit: nvm, I can see the names under my controls

you have to pay but i dont have a damn credit card!! Madder

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 19:53 Quote
allday wrote:
dirtjump-derek wrote:
The Petition! Attention

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mtbvideogame/

When you sign the petition, don't go as anonymous, and leave a little comment. Otherwise it doesn't seem legit.

edit: nvm, I can see the names under my controls

you have to pay but i dont have a damn credit card!! Madder
Just close the window and it will still sign once you get to the paying stage.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:00 Quote
this sounds like an awesome idea, i read the whole tread and you guys are coming up with some sick ideas. Some ideas i thought of were that you could buy custom parts for your bike like different frames, forks, brakes, tires, rims, pedals, cranks, gears and so on. i also thought what would be cool is that you could bike around like BC where the game could take place just like in Tony hawk American waste land is set in Hollywood and to get to different bike comps you would have to fly there if they were out of the province. It would also be wicked if you could have a house and you found out about comps is by the newspaper, radio, tv and at the local bike stores where you buy your parts. Also while you are biking around the city/town you could bike to a local hill and take a lift up and when you get up there you could have your own custom dirt jumps, downhill track, free ride course as well as other ones made by EA sports. Yes i know some of these things sound over the top, but we have to start somewhere right? and these ideas might give EA sports some place to start from if it was to happen. and most of these features are in other games so maby they are not so over the topBig Grin Razz

keep on shredding,

ashby

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
I really don't want to sound like a douche, but this attempt to pressure a company into making a game seems like it's headed for failure for a few reasons:

A) THQ, as of now is a dying company. Their forte is licenses: Spongebob, Bratz, Avatar, etc. Them making a new IP seems so unlikely it's not even funny.

B) I don't think THQ has any game engine that fits the bill for what you guys are looking for.

C) Game development isn't something companies do for fun, they want money from it. The only way this game is going to even be made, is if it promises to rake in the cash. Sadly, as of now, mountain biking isn't a type of game that everyone is playing. For this to happen, the interest in the game has to be more than the biking community.

I'm sorry I have to say this, but don't get your hopes up.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:02 Quote
tashby21 wrote:
this sounds like an awesome idea, i read the whole tread and you guys are coming up with some sick ideas. Some ideas i thought of were that you could buy custom parts for your bike like different frames, forks, brakes, tires, rims, pedals, cranks, gears and so on. i also thought what would be cool is that you could bike around like BC where the game could take place just like in Tony hawk American waste land is set in Hollywood and to get to different bike comps you would have to fly there if they were out of the province. It would also be wicked if you could have a house and you found out about comps is by the newspaper, radio, tv and at the local bike stores where you buy your parts. Also while you are biking around the city/town you could bike to a local hill and take a lift up and when you get up there you could have your own custom dirt jumps, downhill track, free ride course as well as other ones made by EA sports. Yes i know some of these things sound over the top, but we have to start somewhere right? and these ideas might give EA sports some place to start from if it was to happen. and most of these features are in other games so maby they are not so over the topBig Grin Razz

keep on shredding,

ashby

I love your ideas!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:05 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
I really don't want to sound like a douche, but this attempt to pressure a company into making a game seems like it's headed for failure for a few reasons:

A) THQ, as of now is a dying company. Their forte is licenses: Spongebob, Bratz, Avatar, etc. Them making a new IP seems so unlikely it's not even funny.

B) I don't think THQ has any game engine that fits the bill for what you guys are looking for.

C) Game development isn't something companies do for fun, they want money from it. The only way this game is going to even be made, is if it promises to rake in the cash. Sadly, as of now, mountain biking isn't a type of game that everyone is playing. For this to happen, the interest in the game has to be more than the biking community.

I'm sorry I have to say this, but don't get your hopes up.

THQ isn't dying. WTF?
They just made wwe smackdown vs. raw like last week! and they're making a ufc fighting game soon.
And the proper engines are from mx vs. atv unleashed and they're making a new mx vs. atv but I forgot the name..lol

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
dirtjump-derek wrote:
tashby21 wrote:

keep on shredding,

ashby

I love your ideas!

Same... I would love a game like this...

If u have other forums that u visit... Post this there 2. We need 2 branch off as much as possible!!!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:07 Quote
zimm14 wrote:
Do u think it should b the same like game play type as SKATE... realistic kinda feel or what?
nah cuz then it wouldnt work with downhill trails. ur dude would have to either ride a lift or a shuttle truck lol.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:10 Quote
hey, the tony hawk series had to start somewhere didn't they? I'm Quite sure they Tony Hawk series was the firs series of skateboarding games which means there was more interest in skateboarding than the games. I completely agree, i don't think THQ is the right company for this. the games that they have been producing are horrible, sorry to say it. EA has an awesome new game line up, the new need for speed is coming out soon and it looks amazing, their always coming out with new NHL and NFL games and they keep there consistency with the quality of the games (amazing) there very realistic. i don't know where I'm going with this but im sure you all get my point haha.Big Grin

keep on shredding,

ashby

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
ride24bikes wrote:

THQ isn't dying. WTF?
They just made wwe smackdown vs. raw like last week! and they're making a ufc fighting game soon.
And the proper engines are from mx vs. atv unleashed and they're making a new mx vs. atv but I forgot the name..lol

I hope you realize, WWE Smackdown VS Raw is a license, it's nothing original. The money they would need to invest into making this idea you guys have is a lot more than what they put in to create a wrestling game.

As for the engine you listed, sorry it doesn't cut it anymore, unless you want the game to look and play like just another Tony Hawk style extreme sports game. If I were to play a mountain bike game, I'd want the physics of the game to actually apply the -9.81 m/s^2 acceleration to the bike, so I don't get 700 feet of air.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:22 Quote
Personally, i now find the smack down vs raw games horrible, i mean come on you cant even hit the reff!:PCry when i was 12 i loved those games and i also watched the tv shows. Now i shake my head every time i see a match broadcasted on sports center. there all on steroids killing themselves from the inside out. now really, why would you want to promote that and have kids play those games and let them watch the shows im sure there not intended for an adult but what teenager or grown adult would want to watch 2 grown men beat the fake living crap out of eachother? yes i know i used to watch it and play those games but it dosnt make it right haha. at least with a MTB game your promoting exercise not violence.

keep on shredding,

ashby

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:28 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
ride24bikes wrote:

THQ isn't dying. WTF?

I hope you realize, WWE Smackdown VS Raw is a license, it's nothing original. The money they would need to invest into making this idea you guys have is a lot more than what they put in to create a wrestling game.

As for the engine you listed, sorry it doesn't cut it anymore, unless you want the game to look and play like just another Tony Hawk style extreme sports game. If I were to play a mountain bike game, I'd want the physics of the game to actually apply the -9.81 m/s^2 acceleration to the bike, so I don't get 700 feet of air.

Whatever he just said hahhaha but yah i dont want shitloads of air like that. i'd rather have speed kickers and keep close to the ground and be in first preson view and be able to tweak and whip out and shit i just want hte game to go fast and have an engine that doenst suck complete nuts like mx vs atv that had no physics

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
so ur saying there would have to be a specific speed for DJs and a diff speed 4 down hill kind of deal?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015500
Mobile Version of Website