help me out =]

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 11:24 Quote
might be stupid question but can you drill holes into a disc yourself? i want to know as im going to get this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8890 with a juicy 5... and i dont want a dead expensive rotor, just something that will do the job...

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
if you're after a 160 mm rotor i'll sell you my juicy rotor if you want

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
erm sorry i would rather buy new and am looking for something a bit bigger but thanks anyway =]

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
Avid juicy 5 with 183mm rotor on front
Gusset slim jims pedals
Continental Mountain King tyres

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
Don't go out spending a whole ton on that bike I would start off with a budget bar stem like a hussefelt and a hussefelt DH riser bar. best value for the price. I wouldnt bother changing your front brake out. I ran juicy 3's for awhile unless you really start riding really steep fast DH trails you wont need anymore power then what they have. Pedals are another good place to look for starters, look into almost any BMX pedal you can find they are usually a good value for really good grip and built to last. All in all quick list of what I would exactly buy would be.

Bar/stem:
Truvativ hussefelt

Pedals:
demolition BMX

Grips:
Lizard skin lock on

Tires:
K rads

Chain guide:
truvativ box guide/E 13 SRS

Ryan

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 23:42 Quote
ill have to take a look at slim jims and the do the juicys fit 183mm?

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
Yes, You can get juicy 5 on chainreaction for 183mm

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Don't go out spending a whole ton on that bike I would start off with a budget bar stem like a hussefelt and a hussefelt DH riser bar. best value for the price. I wouldnt bother changing your front brake out. I ran juicy 3's for awhile unless you really start riding really steep fast DH trails you wont need anymore power then what they have. Pedals are another good place to look for starters, look into almost any BMX pedal you can find they are usually a good value for really good grip and built to last. All in all quick list of what I would exactly buy would be.

Bar/stem:
Truvativ hussefelt

Pedals:
demolition BMX

Grips:
Lizard skin lock on

Tires:
K rads

Chain guide:
truvativ box guide/E 13 SRS

Ryan

i have no front brake atm anyway... and the juicy 5 is only a fiver more so i might aswell get it... also, i dont plan on changing my frame/bike for at least a year, as i only got it in june, so yeh thanks for the inpot =]

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 8:27 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/WishList.aspx

this is what im thinking =]

taking into account what people have saidish... =/

???

but please suggest more as im open to changes and you know it will help me if i want to change anything more in the future... =]

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
erm, sorry, for accidetally bumping this with all these posts but i really need to know which sort of mounts do i need for juicy 5's IS mounts or POST mounts??? thnx =]

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
Maybe get a pike,
Azonic Outlaw Wheelset with 20mm front hub
New crank and bar/stem.
EDIT:
Maybe throw some new brakes in along the line too Smile

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 23:28 Quote
ok thanks, but i really need,to know which mounts i need, the brake will be going on the front fork... so will it be IS, or Post mounts???? pleeaase =]

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
What forks are on your bike?

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
about the fork, you can get a brand new domain for like 300£!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.276957
Mobile Version of Website