help me out =]

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
Sounds good, haven't heard much about those tyres though...

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
i was reccomnded them earlier on in the thread, and for £16 you know... but i dont ride that hard lol.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
Cool, good luck anyway. Should be a decent upgrade...

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
yehp thats what im hoping =] looking to get more into it next year so thought the winter would be a good time to start getting my bike up to a better standard...

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
If you get dual ply tires dont bother with heavy tubes.

Ryan

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
The Souljams are a very good pedal.

Yeh they are a really good pedal. One of the many Funn components that I am extremelly happy with on my bike.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
cool, i am after sturdy stuff which i wont need to be replacing ever few months... ch1eers for the input =]

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:22 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Don't go out spending a whole ton on that bike I would start off with a budget bar stem like a hussefelt and a hussefelt DH riser bar. best value for the price. I wouldnt bother changing your front brake out. I ran juicy 3's for awhile unless you really start riding really steep fast DH trails you wont need anymore power then what they have. Pedals are another good place to look for starters, look into almost any BMX pedal you can find they are usually a good value for really good grip and built to last. All in all quick list of what I would exactly buy would be.

Bar/stem:
Truvativ hussefelt

Pedals:
demolition BMX

Grips:
Lizard skin lock on

Tires:
K rads

Chain guide:
truvativ box guide/E 13 SRS

Ryan

And seeing you do some dirt(noting the seat I'd say a fair ammount), look at some BMX stems as well.

I am a former BMX rider and was ranked in the US. ODI longnecks are by far the best comfy grips around. They come in black(and many other colors), work in wet or dry and have barends...great grips.

Seat, look at some lighter BMX style seats. I like Shadow slim seats, I run one on my MTB now.

Pedals, I love my old Animal Hamiltons. Replaceable traction pins, spin great, super grip, 4130 spindles and take a ton of abuse.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:23 Quote
bmx stem wont work with any mtb bar.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
cheers guys and like the guy above said bmx stems wont work on mtb bars....???

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
fridgechef wrote:
cheers guys and like the guy above said bmx stems wont work on mtb bars....???

iv tried it before Razz

the diameter of mtb bars oversized and non oversized are far to big for bmx stems

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:58 Quote
how about getting a chain guide and making it 9 in the rear and single up front ?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 2:00 Quote
it has crossed my mind to go single up front, but i sometimes do some xcish stuff so i like to have the flexibility...

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 8:17 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22186#ProductDescription

ok guys...do these brakes come with rotors??? is that what the 160mm etc means thnx...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016861
Mobile Version of Website