Do you run your DJ bike rear brake on left or right?

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Do you run your DJ bike rear brake on left or right?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 0:29 Quote
ok if you only have a rear brake and live in aus where standard is front brake on right side and rear brake on the left side. do you run your 1 rear brake on your left side still or have you put it on the right side?????

thanks.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 6:30 Quote
My rear brake is on the left. Thats how they all come I think.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 6:52 Quote
i run my rear brake on the right hand side cause it feels better i think

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 7:33 Quote
the right its more comfartable

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
mine will be on the left cause thats what im used to and my XC bike is set up like that. so i wanna keep my bikes the same. but i think the right feels more natural when a bike isnt infront me but if im on the bike i naturaly know my left is rear brake and it feels alright.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
If you know exactly what you want why ask then?

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
well im still debating. cause im still not sure cause id like it on my right side but i dont wanna get confusd when i switch bikes and i just wanna know how people in aus do there back brake.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:38 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
well im still debating. cause im still not sure cause id like it on my right side but i dont wanna get confusd when i switch bikes and i just wanna know how people in aus do there back brake.
well i run my brake on the right and when i have a go on other ppls bike who have front and back brakes i just need a couple of secs to tell my brain what is in the right and whats on the left, but you should have it on whatever side is more comfortable for you

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 2:10 Quote
its on the left on my dh bike so i put it on the left for my dj bike, i dont see what the point is in putting it on the right if your used to it on the left.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 2:38 Quote
because some people find is more comfortabe on the right

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 5:14 Quote
bugboy2009 wrote:

how can a brake be more comfortable in another hand? my right and left hand are the same and i don't see how pulling a brake lever can be uncomfortable. It makes sense to have it on your opposite side if you prefer taking the other hand off or for doing turndowns etc. otherwise left hand is better

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 5:44 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
bugboy2009 wrote:

how can a brake be more comfortable in another hand? my right and left hand are the same and i don't see how pulling a brake lever can be uncomfortable. It makes sense to have it on your opposite side if you prefer taking the other hand off or for doing turndowns etc. otherwise left hand is better
well for example if your right handed like me it can be esier to pull the brake and you can get more force out of the lever.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 7:18 Quote
bugboy2009 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:
bugboy2009 wrote:

well for example if your right handed like me it can be esier to pull the brake and you can get more force out of the lever.

not sure about that. i'm right handed and pulling my brake lever with my left hand isn't a problem at all. i dont think it needs any real force and it's hardly like my left hand is any weaker.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
bugboy2009 wrote:
gutkrencher wrote:

not sure about that. i'm right handed and pulling my brake lever with my left hand isn't a problem at all. i dont think it needs any real force and it's hardly like my left hand is any weaker.
well its just a preference i guess

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
i've tried it on the right before and i couldn't really give it a chance. It felt too weird and i was already used to it on the left so i didn't swap.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010025
Mobile Version of Website