New to virginia

PB Forum :: USA - East
New to virginia
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
I just got into Virginia, right near Fredericksburg and i'm gonna be stationed here for 8 months. So i was wondering if anyone knew of any trails to ride around the area. I like to ride FR, DH, single track, small dj's. Any input on some trails is great, thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
weve got lots of single track in virginia and not much dh/fr. Snowshoe has gread dh/fr stuff but the seasons over. I made it on the last week. Here in charlotesville the only freeride is what you build.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 4:38 Quote
The freeride and downhill stuff is at the Shed, in Fredrick, Maryland. For more info on that check out threads [url=http://more-mtb.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15122]here[/url] and [url=http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=558601]here for important info about the hunting season[/url]. You might also check the rest of the regional board on MTBR, along with Ridemonkey.

There are some small dirtjumps and some huge dirtjumps at the 495 trails at Wakefield. Again, dig around on MTBR and Ridemonkey for more info. Avoid the Wakefield trails though - they suck and they're ugly.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
the 495 jump park is pretty solid. Ive got a few pictures from it posted if you check the profile.

Theres another good spot in reston as well thats being built up and is looking sick

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 23:43 Quote
I used to live In Northern Virginia, I went to the 495 trails way back before I Rode. is it an actual designated park or is it just built up by locals?

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
I'm going to apply to UVA, what type of riding is there near charlottesville? thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
Check out ridemonkey, I do believe they have a larger Virginia forum

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
runner wrote:
I'm going to apply to UVA, what type of riding is there near charlottesville? thanks

lots of xc, a skate park, small freeride trail on ohill but the dirtjumps got torn down by UVA.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 8:01 Quote
jpculp wrote:
small freeride trail on ohill but the dirtjumps got torn down by UVA.

Anyway you could instruct me where this small freeride trail is? I go to UVA now and definitely want to start a feeride trail or some dirt jumps somewhere. I'm not so sure how many others at UVA ride but I have seen some dj bikes riding around

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
jpzworldskater wrote:
jpculp wrote:
small freeride trail on ohill but the dirtjumps got torn down by UVA.

Anyway you could instruct me where this small freeride trail is? I go to UVA now and definitely want to start a feeride trail or some dirt jumps somewhere. I'm not so sure how many others at UVA ride but I have seen some dj bikes riding around

Ive got all kinds of stuff in my back yard if you want to build/ ride. The freeride trail at o hill isnt worth riding anymore

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 6:00 Quote
headed up to snowshoe july 15-17 if youre interested

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 20:44 Quote
hyperlite533 wrote:
headed up to snowshoe july 15-17 if youre interested

I'm actually planning on heading there and camping out with a few of my buddies that weekend

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 20:50 Quote
jpculp wrote:
Ive got all kinds of stuff in my back yard if you want to build/ ride. The freeride trail at o hill isnt worth riding anymore

I would definitely be down to help build and ride. I actually think I've been to your property before, before i went to school at UVA actually. Did you have like a Trek demo day there a few years back?

FL
Posted: Jul 12, 2011 at 13:13 Quote
yeah agree with jpculp, the trail at ohill is a hike up with only about 30 secs of downhill then the rest is more xc/am. Im trying to come by your property this fall jp! I live in chesapeake and we have a bmx park with some massive dirt jumps if anyone is here in hampton roads

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.094955
Mobile Version of Website