Wearing a helmet?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Wearing a helmet?
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
weirdest thing happened today...crossed the street went up the sidewalk entrance bunnyhopped hard and BAM! hit my head on the crosswalk signal (the thing with the hand that tells you to stop walking lol) cut my head open and man do they bleed good. so shitty didnt even see it never thought i would hop into a metal pole haha

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 at 13:45 Quote
ive just got a TSG Clear evolution and i like it but cos it clear all the dirt gets between the hard plastic shell and the polystireyne (spelling??) so it looks crap i dont know what to do ?

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 1:52 Quote
I was in a comatised state in hospital for 2 days after an attempted backflip went wrong and i landed on my head compressing my neck, i was not wearing a helmet, my concusion was delayed as the air stopped going to my brain because my neck had swollen, it changed me after that and i always wear a helmet when riding and i would urge anyone to wear one also, who cares if it looks silly on you, id rather be around in years to come than be dead or in another coma!

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 3:42 Quote
Devotedclothing wrote:
I was in a comatised state in hospital for 2 days after an attempted backflip went wrong and i landed on my head compressing my neck, i was not wearing a helmet, my concusion was delayed as the air stopped going to my brain because my neck had swollen, it changed me after that and i always wear a helmet when riding and i would urge anyone to wear one also, who cares if it looks silly on you, id rather be around in years to come than be dead or in another coma!

No truer words said,most people are ignorant though and think it will never happen to them.

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 3:51 Quote
i used to be like that, thought i was invincible, now im 25 and wont ride without one, even on street and working in a major cycle retailer in the heart of london city i cringe when i see riders without them

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 3:53 Quote
whenever i see riders without helemts i just think how stupid they will feel when they sustain an injury that could of been prevented by wearing a helemt!

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 18:35 Quote
ya, just riding around my neighborhood, i dont wear one, skatepark, i always wear one

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 5:44 Quote
If you guys hadn't noticed, this is in the bmx forum section. Wink

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 6:29 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:

true but bmx or not, if you ride a bike not matter what platform, you should wear a helmet

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 6:31 Quote
Devotedclothing wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:

true but bmx or not, if you ride a bike not matter what platform, you should wear a helmet
+1 to protecting the one thing that makes you who you are Smile

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 9:04 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
Devotedclothing wrote:
robloveshiskona wrote:

+1 to protecting the one thing that makes you who you are Smile

The 2 above were spammers.

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 9:33 Quote
it seems a bmx rider will only start wearing one if they have a huge crash,take Niki croft for example.

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Oh man that post again too bad some of those people where wearing helmets steven murry wore one and he is still hurt mike akin wasn't and he is riding again now? I don't wear one because its 105 degrees here all day i don't wear a shirt either would you suggest a chest protector as well?

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 at 10:14 Quote
empirebmx133 wrote:
Oh man that post again too bad some of those people where wearing helmets steven murry wore one and he is still hurt mike akin wasn't and he is riding again now? I don't wear one because its 105 degrees here all day i don't wear a shirt either would you suggest a chest protector as well?
actually the hottest temprature recorded on earth is 58c so it can't be 105

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024591
Mobile Version of Website