show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
My Nomad V5 - Custom build from the parts of my V4

Definitely liking it so far!


Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
Got my Megatower build all finished off. It feels unreal but I've never ridden a 29er or a big travel bike before so don't have much to compare to. It climbs better than my V3 5010 which is probably a combination of longer chainstays and steeper seat tube angle.

There's a few too many shades of red and orange going on so I'll probably get some graphics for it at some point.



Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 1:28 Quote
local29 wrote:
Santa Cruz 5010 C 2022 MX configuration
Santa Cruz 5010 C / mullet conversion

Freshie 5010
29" 130mm / 27.5 130mm
Perfectly balanced

Seet bike! Can you provide some details about how it rides with this configuration? I am thinking about doing the same. How it climbs generally? Do you rode it with the 27.5 wheel previously? Thank you!

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
I like it a lot. The 29er up front has definitely broaden the abilities of this bike. Overall, it feels better than the stock setup and I believe they should offer it like this from factory. Geo numbers for my size medium are spot on. I strongly recommend for you to try it out. You won't be disappointed.

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
It was new bike day for my yesterday!


Haven't been so excited about a new bike in along time. This thing is amazing. Did a feeler ride on it yesterday and without having it setup properly it felt incredible. Somehow has loads of traction and tracks very well but is more lively and poppy than the Megatower 1.

I'm in love


Megatower 2, S build

-220mm HS2 rotors front and rear
-Code RSC levers
-DT EX511 w/ DT 350 hubs
-Cushcore Pro front and rear
-OneUp V2 EDC tool
-Shimano DX pedals
-Full tailored Megatower 2 Ride Wrap
-Brake line and rear derailleur cable foam wrapped in rear triangle.
-Handlebar cut to 780mm
-15mm of spacer under the stem (might be going lower)

-Have a new 65mm stroke Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate coil shock (w/ hydraulic bottom out and high speed compression adjustment) waiting to go on. (I just couldn't get the spring in time and couldn't wait to ride it Big Grin )


Will clean up the cables once I decide where im leaving the dropper post height and cut the steerer down once I decide on stem height.

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
I see I am not the only one still rocking the m647 DX pedals, nice!

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
I've been using these same pedals for the last 4 bikes. Rebuilt once and replaced one cage. I love them. When I ride the xtr pedals on my Tallboy and Hightower it takes me a little bit to get used to them every time.

Stick to what your comfortable with I guess!

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 22:29 Quote

Good ol' urban night ride. Lots of stairs and ledges.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
Latest edition to the garage. Basically stole this from a kid who bought it, decked it out and only rode it 300mi, mostly in DT Tampa lol.

2021 Heckler 8 CC Mx

2021 Heckler with all the goodies. Bike is a f*cking blast, though I still love my 5010.

-We Are One Convert wheels with i9 Hydra's
-XX1 AXS
-'21 FOX 36 Factory & DPX2
-'21 FOX Transfer
-XT brakes / cranks
-Vault MG SL pedals
-i9 A35 stem

45.1lbs.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
chadbrochills wrote:
Latest edition to the garage. Basically stole this from a kid who bought it, decked it out and only rode it 300mi, mostly in DT Tampa lol.

2021 Heckler 8 CC Mx

2021 Heckler with all the goodies. Bike is a f*cking blast, though I still love my 5010.

-We Are One Convert wheels with i9 Hydra's
-XX1 AXS
-'21 FOX 36 Factory & DPX2
-'21 FOX Transfer
-XT brakes / cranks
-Vault MG SL pedals
-i9 A35 stem

45.1lbs.

Good god.

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 12:07 Quote

Finally got the suspension very close to where I want it. New frame decals, oil slick battery cover on the AXS derailleur (couldn't resist for $8 haha), and mud guard for the Fox 38. This pedals really well for a 34lb, 180/170mm park bike!

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
fredro - Amazing color combo - Well done

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
fredro wrote:

Finally got the suspension very close to where I want it. New frame decals, oil slick battery cover on the AXS derailleur (couldn't resist for $8 haha), and mud guard for the Fox 38. This pedals really well for a 34lb, 180/170mm park bike!

Man I hope my MT2 frame finally shows up soon, I love my MT1 but very curious how the V2 will ride, but no delivery date yet, :-(

I blame whattheheel

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 20:29 Quote
JamesOliver wrote:
Got my Megatower build all finished off. It feels unreal but I've never ridden a 29er or a big travel bike before so don't have much to compare to. It climbs better than my V3 5010 which is probably a combination of longer chainstays and steeper seat tube angle.

There's a few too many shades of red and orange going on so I'll probably get some graphics for it at some point.



I wish they make the new Hightower in that color Cry


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016826
Mobile Version of Website