My new Intense 951. Comments please

PB Forum :: Downhill
My new Intense 951. Comments please
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
Hi there.

I just bought an Intense 951 frame that should be arriving within the next 2 weeks. It's going to be mounted with some new components (the ones that says "new"), but some other are going to be taken from my actual Big Hit.

I photoshoped a pic to make it look the way my 951 will look.

Any comments or advices wil be welcome. I'd like to end up with a 40 lb. setup.

photo

photo

Frame: Intense 951 Medium "Intense Red" (new)
Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel (new)
Fork: 2009 Fox 40 RC2
Wheelset: Mavic Deemax (new)
Brakes: 2010 Hope Tech V2 203mm/203mm flotante
Headsetn: Cane Creek XXC Flush 150 reducer (new)
Seatpost: Easton EA30 recortada (new)
Seat: Specialized
Casette: SRAM PG 970
Derailleur: SRAM X9
Shifter: SRAM X7
Chain: SRAM
Chain guide: E. thirteen LG1+
Crankset: Shimano Saint M815 (new)
Pedals: WELLGO MG-1
Grips: Sette Type-H blancos (new)
Handlebar: Sunline V1 745mm
Stem: E.thirteen Ali
Tires: R Kenda Nevegal 2.35 / Specialized Chunder 2.30 /// F Kenda Excavator 2.5 / Intense FRO DH 2.35
Tubes: (Maybe I'll run Tubeless) Maxxis DH tube 1.5mm

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
Looks good. I don't see any unworthy components there.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
beaupre716 wrote:
Looks good. I don't see any unworthy components there.

Thank you.

I was thinking about an SDG carbon seatpost / saddle. That may be even lighter... But I dont how much...

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
looks good. maybe change your shifting to XO or Saint. have you herd anything about the azonic wheels?

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
camh wrote:
looks good. maybe change your shifting to XO or Saint. have you herd anything about the azonic wheels?

Shifting really works great for me so far, maybe another setup would be lighter though.. idk, but the perform is just great with these.

I read good customer reviews on the azonic outlaws... I think they are going to perform just ok... I hope lol

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
Edited. New setup.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
for not too much more a set of hope pro 2's laced to mavic 721 would be a fair bit lighter. even lighter still laced to 823 if you want to run tubeless but that starts costing a fair bit more than the outlaws

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
Why run a Sram chain/cassette?

It's a bad move.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:34 Quote
dezim wrote:
for not too much more a set of hope pro 2's laced to mavic 721 would be a fair bit lighter. even lighter still laced to 823 if you want to run tubeless but that starts costing a fair bit more than the outlaws

The thing is that I got a great deal in these Azonic, they were brand new and only $ 150, so...

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Why run a Sram chain/cassette?

It's a bad move.

Is not a bad move, since those are parts that Im taking from my old Big Hit (not new). I never ever had an issue with them in my Big Hit, that's why I didnt bother upgrading them.

Is there any reason why I should upgrade these components?

Cheers.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
Because you have low end parts on a high end race bike. Your cassette will wear out very quickly. There are lighter/better options for chains out there.

It goes along with the X7 shifter. If you're going to do the build, do it right.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
ivanfiestas wrote:
dezim wrote:

The thing is that I got a great deal in these Azonic, they were brand new and only $ 150, so...
okay yeah definitely a better option haha

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Because you have low end parts on a high end race bike. Your cassette will wear out very quickly. There are lighter/better options for chains out there.

It goes along with the X7 shifter. If you're going to do the build, do it right.

I see...

well, I spent enough money this year, I guess in Christmas, or as soon as any of the low-end component fails, I will replace them for high-end components.

Can you think of any good-but affordable- chain and chain ring?

Thanks!

Ivan

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
An affordable chain, hmm...they're not going to be cheap. Chainring, go for an e.13. super light and strong.

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
An affordable chain, hmm...they're not going to be cheap. Chainring, go for an e.13. super light and strong.

By affordable I mean not $100... I guess there are decent chains out there for 50-60 bucks... or not?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013852
Mobile Version of Website