Frame Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Frame Thread
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 4:26 Quote
Hey guys planning on getting a new frame to build up for street and park, it has to be strong, and good geometry for street and park. I also want it to be as light as possible.
I don't know whats good and whats not, because i'm a mountain biker switching to bmx, cos its cheaper and more fun more of the time.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 5:10 Quote
stusuz wrote:
Hey guys planning on getting a new frame to build up for street and park, it has to be strong, and good geometry for street and park. I also want it to be as light as possible.
I don't know whats good and whats not, because i'm a mountain biker switching to bmx, cos its cheaper and more fun more of the time.
if u want realy light go with eastern grim reaper but easterns are garbage but if u want a strong frame go with a sunday 2nd wave

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:15 Quote
ANOTHER THING GUYS
Price is not an issue for this bike, im selling my mtb and so many parts i can pretty much afford whatever the f*ck i want Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:44 Quote
If it isn't a race bike or a flatland bike then it will have proper geometry for street and park since no one makes a true dirt frame any more.

What size frame are you looking for? That's the most important thing, if you get something that's too long or short then all the money in the world won't mean anything.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:53 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
If it isn't a race bike or a flatland bike then it will have proper geometry for street and park since no one makes a true dirt frame any more.

What size frame are you looking for? That's the most important thing, if you get something that's too long or short then all the money in the world won't mean anything.
I honestly don't know, i pretty average height, just over 6 ft. What would you reccommend?

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:53 Quote
Im probably a little bit taller than you and run a 21"TT, wouldnt run anything else.

As far as frames go there are really only subtle differences so I would probably reccomend trying a few peoples bikes and see what you like. personally I ride a WTP and Ive never heard anyone with a gripe about any of their completes or frames.

If money is no issue obviously your building a custom?

just thought id post this link to the albes checklist just so you dont forget anything.
http://www.albes.com/newweb/bikechecklist.htm

Then i guess you could look on say www.strictlybmx.com or www.backbonebmx.com for parts or whatever.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 3:24 Quote
whatwillhedonext wrote:
Im probably a little bit taller than you and run a 21"TT, wouldnt run anything else.

As far as frames go there are really only subtle differences so I would probably reccomend trying a few peoples bikes and see what you like. personally I ride a WTP and Ive never heard anyone with a gripe about any of their completes or frames.

If money is no issue obviously your building a custom?

just thought id post this link to the albes checklist just so you dont forget anything.
http://www.albes.com/newweb/bikechecklist.htm

Then i guess you could look on say www.strictlybmx.com or www.backbonebmx.com for parts or whatever.
Yeah its a custom build, but i work in a bike shop and know what i'm doing. We're just not big in BMX's at my shop its mostly road and some mtb.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 3:48 Quote
ezekiel wrote:

u dont consider the S&M dirt bike, to be a true dirt frame?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
i say go with the one of the new sunday frames with the wave downtube, becouse there light durable and the wave down tube add a lot of strength

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
I really like this frame. Midnight bike co. moonlight. Its different,
but at 4.11 lbs, you can get a lot lighter.
http://www.danscomp.com/211490.php?cat=FRAMESFSD

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
for the new sunday fundays what frame is that using?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
I love my FIT Hawkv2...even the first hawk frame is sweet.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
I'd suggest something with the following;

Top Tube length - 21 inch
Chainstay length - 13.75 inch
Bottom Bracket height - 11.75 inch

Weight - I'd stick to something in the 4.5 to 5 pound range, particularly if you want to use it on street.

Go to danscomp.com or empirebmx.com and check out some frames that you like, then ask about them on the internet to get the scoop on whether they're any good or not.

Going from MTB to BMX I would suggest avoiding shorter chainstays on your first BMX.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.083139
Mobile Version of Website