YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:08 Quote
I just ordered a Cane Creek spring for it, fits just fine.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:38 Quote
jissse wrote:
jimferno wrote:
300lb spring installed and with no preload I'm now getting under 30% sag, fit my Invisiframe kit today too with no issues whatsoever. Good times, ready for the bank holiday weekend. tup

Where did you get your spring from ? I'm really light for my size, so I expect I'll have to change it as soon as the bike arrives but I couldn't find spare parts for the C2R...

I wasn't sure about the invisiframe, thinking it was for the old Tues, but as you all seem happy with it I guess I'll also order one !

Mine came with the lightest out of the 3 (225) on a medium frame. It pretty much spot on to be honest. I'm at around 67/70kg if that helps. Maybe you won't need a new spring?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:45 Quote
Well, that's what I would need, I must weight 65 with all my gears on, but I was asking as the Medium Tues Pro is supposed to come with a 250lbs spring so...

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:48 Quote
You should be good then. Smile

I also misunderstood the statement posted before.
What they mean is: We have 3 springs available: Small:225, Medium:250, Large:275. You will get one of those depending on your weight.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
Great, I suppose I just have to invest in invisiframe then !

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
Can someone give me the measurement of the gap between the down tube and the bottom of the shock?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 Quote
Gmancool99 wrote:
Can someone give me the measurement of the gap between the down tube and the bottom of the shock?

Bit of an obscure measurement request, not sure if serious?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
jimferno wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:

Bit of an obscure measurement request, not sure if serious?

Haha I know it's just to know if the clearance is big enough for my bike rack.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:31 Quote
On the Medium I can just about fit a finger; so just under 2cm?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:40 Quote
Spi00100 wrote:
On the Medium I can just about fit a finger; so just under 2cm?

Ok thanks

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
taz46 wrote:
humoroususername wrote:
taz46 wrote:
one suggestion, if you have a wicked, don't ride it with 1x10 or 1x11, this bike its better with a 3x or 2x, putting a single ring isn't the best optionWink

What is that opinion based upon? I have mine as 1x10 and it was the best change i have made.
The system is optimized around a plate of 24T, if you put a 1x11 the result isnt good. The system is better with one 3x10 2x10 , but it always going to depend on shock with blocking, it's the defect of the wicked, but it's a good machine when you have to go down.

do what you want. if you think it's better with a 1x10 then ride it, you can trust me or not,i have ridden a yt and i know perfectly how it works

I don't understand how a bike can be optimized around a chain ring size. This makes no sense on a bike such as the wicked that is designed for going downhill fast. How do you design a bike around a chain ring size and moreover why would you?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
I got Wicked 650b: 2x10, chain guide and bash guard - the chain line seems to be the problem, sometimes I've dropped it from the bigger to the smaller, but other then that no problem.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 22:13 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
taz46 wrote:
humoroususername wrote:

What is that opinion based upon? I have mine as 1x10 and it was the best change i have made.
The system is optimized around a plate of 24T, if you put a 1x11 the result isnt good. The system is better with one 3x10 2x10 , but it always going to depend on shock with blocking, it's the defect of the wicked, but it's a good machine when you have to go down.

do what you want. if you think it's better with a 1x10 then ride it, you can trust me or not,i have ridden a yt and i know perfectly how it works

I don't understand how a bike can be optimized around a chain ring size. This makes no sense on a bike such as the wicked that is designed for going downhill fast. How do you design a bike around a chain ring size and moreover why would you?

And as was said above the chain would drop running 2x10 no matter what set up was tried. The wicked simply does NOT work as anything other than 1x10.
Its called pedal efficiency and it seems that the wicked have the best in the 24t, when you put a bigger ring its worst.

"I don't undestand how a bike can be optimized...." Modern bikes are optimized for use it with xx1,so if you mount a 2x or 3x will be good too, yt wicked not. The problem is the linkage.Simply
Here you got the pedal edficiency with one ring: im on a phone and i dont know how to adjust it
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Iu-nYX0e7bU/UxEMzf7zYkI/AAAAAAAASGg/nV_oZns4GPY/s1600/Excel+Wicked.gif

The new yt capra looks an amazing bike, it pedals better than the wicked And the geo and system looks very good, compare it with the wicked
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jro7PGi2Xnc/UxDgXRZGDLI/AAAAAAAASFo/ohAK8ENA65U/s1600/Excel+Capra.gif

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 0:34 Quote
Let's put are opinions to the side, of which is better 1x10 2x10 or 3x10, I don't understand one important thing, why does the chain fall of from the middle ring, but when I put on a narrow wide ring in the middle, it does not fall off, I did not remove any spacers from the BB so every thing is exactly the same as it was before Facepalm it's just a different ring. I think it's the chain rings that come with the bike that are bad not the frame or the bike, because now with a different chain ring it stays in place. Infact one of the main reasons sram state that a 1x11 is better then a 2x10 because the better your chain ring shift's gears, the more the chain wants to come off, it's a natural thing for the chain ring to want to throw of the chain, because it's build for that reason in way, so it's like a knife that cut's from both sides, ironically the better the chainring shifts the more you can loose your chain, it's one of newton's laws, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, you make it shift better, it will loose the chain better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016664
Mobile Version of Website