Wich frame is better for me? please help.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Wich frame is better for me? please help.
Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
Alu for beginners? Thats another great PB idea Facepalm Fail.

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
AtomlabPimp wrote:

thankyou, a user that sees sense.

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
We're a dying breed it seems.

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
thanks for the comments, i dont know about the stp. i heared the riot has a great geo, but i think the p3 is better for dj ramps, and some light freeride because it has a low bb, and longer weelbase than the riot. what do you think about it?

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
AtomlabPimp wrote:
haha...
your toughts about?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 2:49 Quote
go for the Riot mate. The P3 has a very steep head angle, making it quite sketchy at times, i think you will find the Riot more usable and stable.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
go for the Riot mate. The P3 has a very steep head angle, making it quite sketchy at times, i think you will find the Riot more usable and stable.

are you sure? i saw in the specialized and blkmrkt pages the two frames has 69º head angle, i think the riot is more for street, and the p3 is more for dirt and trails.
i will not do street. do you think the riot is better dor dirt and trails?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
P3, STP, and Riot are great frames. Riots handle better for street with high bb and short stays. P3's or P bikes in general are great for dj's and freeriding, older models had low bb's alowing for stability and speed in jumps. Ideal for 4x and dj's not so much street. STP's, same story. Except the low bb part. Newer P bikes come equipped a bit better and lighter as well. Lightest in the list would be the P bike and STP. Both Alu frame, but lifetime warranty on the P bike which is Oh So Good. Ask CRS one, he had an 05, cracked that, got a warranty, cracked that, got a warranty, and cracked that. He still has a P bike with purchase of one.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
Basically you can ignore any comments about lifetime warranties on frames my good friend. Working in the bike industry myself i can tell you only around 10% of damaged frames i see are ever replaced.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
Working at a TREK and Spec dealer. I see frames with minimal cracks being replaced. Things happen.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
stusuz wrote:
Basically you can ignore any comments about lifetime warranties on frames my good friend. Working in the bike industry myself i can tell you only around 10% of damaged frames i see are ever replaced.

that is absoloute complete and utter bs. what part of the industry do you work in? every damaged frame our shop has ever had returned under warrenty, has been replaced, for god sake even Raleigh uphold their warrenties. can i have some proof of this statement?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Working at a TREK and Spec dealer. I see frames with minimal cracks being replaced. Things happen.
Wierd dude, i work at a spec and giant dealer and almost no frames are replaced.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
might be due to the fact your based in australia then. We deal Giant, Trek, Fisher, GT and soon to have Specialized. any returned have been replaced.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013934
Mobile Version of Website