2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
I need help deciding, on a frame since i finaly have enought for which ever one i want.Very confused

Note: i do not want to start a war.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
save up more money and buy both tup

if i were in your position thoe, id probablly end up going with the dob. nicer geo IMO and a large color selection. plus, you can get gyro tabs and v brake mounts welded on, if thats what you choose.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
Majesty comes with removable V mounts in 2009, FYI.

Majesty is lighter, cleaner (removable cable guides, shorter drops, integrated clamp and HT, smaller seattube size), won't rust, and in my opinion has nicer geo. Back end is shorter than the Dobs if you run 26" wheels. The BB is neutral height and the HT is steeper, so it's just as flickable but a lot more stable. Warranty is roughly equivalent, however I've heard my fair share of Dob customer service horror stories.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
Thought the maj was dirt designed. The sub is so strong, stiff and you can DIAL the geo.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
Geo is pretty similar from the Maj to the Sub. Just the Maj has a longer TT and steeper head angle, the rest of the differences boil down to millimetres I think.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
That's not half bad. I'd like a longer tt. But its not worth the extra money. f*ck, I recommend a traffic.. my buddy has one and its sick. under 400$ or something. It also has the same geo as a sub

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
Well I'm assuming he has the cream. Majesty is crazy dialed in ways other than geo, although a Traffic + some sick parts for it with the leftover cash would be sick too.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
For sure. Traffic + a couple sick parts from the left over cash would be ideal. You won't go wrong with a sub or dob, I know they are legit. They aren't popular without reason. Can't say much about the Majesty, not too many kickin around.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
Ha. Today's G-Town ride: 3 Majesties and one Sub.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
i run 75 mm forks are you sure my BB hight wont be too low with the majesty?

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
I'd say chainstay length and head angle are more important than BB height. Also I think the Majesty is designed around an 80mm fork. I run 80, it feels dialed.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
fuuuuckk i wish i could ride both of themFrown

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
just to make a decision

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013728
Mobile Version of Website