Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds
Posted: Jan 24, 2010 at 2:20 Quote
The 2009 Big Hit's are only designed to accommodate a fork with a maximum of 180mm travel. A fork with 203mm travel will void the warranty, and as Specialized provide the original owner with a lifetime frame warranty I would suggest if you do have a dual crown fork you get it lowered to 180mm.

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
willshiels wrote:
The 2009 Big Hit's are only designed to accommodate a fork with a maximum of 180mm travel. A fork with 203mm travel will void the warranty, and as Specialized provide the original owner with a lifetime frame warranty I would suggest if you do have a dual crown fork you get it lowered to 180mm.

so id be saying something to your bikeshop for telling you it was ok to us the boxxer

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 at 13:34 Quote
hmm well alrighty then. thanks

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 15:19 Quote
lets see some more builds! i know there out there

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
photo

my specialized big hit 3 09

let me know what you think

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 22:02 Quote
Nice bike. Is it stock besides the bars?

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
MBboss wrote:
photo

nice man. I love the white. How do u like ur bight so far?

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 21:12 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
MBboss wrote:
photo

its pretty smooth. its a really low bb so it makes a big diferance.

only thing i would reccomend getting for it are new wide bars, and pedals.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 21:13 Quote
beaupre716 wrote:
Nice bike. Is it stock besides the bars?

thanks, and no i got sunline v1 pedals as well.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 21:33 Quote
MBboss wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
MBboss wrote:
photo

its pretty smooth. its a really low bb so it makes a big diferance.

only thing i would reccomend getting for it are new wide bars, and pedals.
yea. I just finished up building mine. I got gravity bars 710mm wide. I may get wider tho. And I got straightline pedals...insane grip. Its in my profile if u care to look

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
willshiels wrote:

Your wrong.
having spoken to specialized they said it would NOT void the warranty to put on a boxxer or 40 etc.

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 22:39 Quote
walshe-boi wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Your wrong.
having spoken to specialized they said it would NOT void the warranty to put on a boxxer or 40 etc.

I may be mistaken but I was told from a Specialized dealer that that would void the warranty, this was on a 09 Big Hit frame. I have noticed that Specialized have changed the manual for the 2010 model to include this:

http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/manuals/2010_BigHit_Manual_r1.pdf

WARNING! The BigHit frames are compatible with single and dual crown forks that have travel of 7.875” (200mm) or less.

200mm or less means no Fox 40 as it runs 203mm..Confused

I really don't know why Specialized changed the Big Hit to only have a max of 7.5" rear travel..

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 23:50 Quote
willshiels wrote:
walshe-boi wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Your wrong.

I may be mistaken but I was told from a Specialized dealer that that would void the warranty, this was on a 09 Big Hit frame. I have noticed that Specialized have changed the manual for the 2010 model to include this:

WARNING! The BigHit frames are compatible with single and dual crown forks that have travel of 7.875” (200mm) or less.

I really don't know why Specialized changed the Big Hit to only have a max of 7.5" rear travel..

Yeah but having spoken to specialized uk they said it would be okay for me to run it with 2010 boxxer world cup or fox 40's.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 0:59 Quote
walshe-boi wrote:
willshiels wrote:
walshe-boi wrote:

Your wrong.

Yeah but having spoken to specialized uk they said it would be okay for me to run it with 2010 boxxer world cup or fox 40's.

If they said that then cool, but i've given you the link to the manual that say's the fork must be less than 7.875"..

I am a bit anal with all this stuff as I got screwed on a warranty issue once. It's best to get second opinions.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 23:39 Quote
I'll get a better picture soon
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.099529
Mobile Version of Website