Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds
FL
Posted: Dec 1, 2011 at 2:18 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
IronHyde wrote:
Yeah dude, the frame looks awesome like that!

What headset are you running with your boxxers? Im still using the one it came with but the stack height at the bottom of the head tube is is close to 2cm!
yea man... prolly the first thing i did after the boxxer. i got a reducer ring from specialized. makes the lower cup intergrated so its nice n tight now. specialized makes em so do a few other companies like e13. im just using a regular cane creek headset, the reducer ring replaces the lower cup, and the bearings fit flush inside..

Do you have any info or know any shops selling the reducer ring. I want to try out some boxxers on my stock big hit 3 09, dont really want to get a whole new headset. Was looking at getting a hope 1.5 lower cup and then a reducer.

Posted: Dec 1, 2011 at 8:25 Quote
I cant seem to find any reducer rings anymore.. Just reducer headsets... That may have to be the way to go. Link here http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=27650&category=502

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
im thinking of selling my norco to buy a 2010/2011 big hit and put boxxers on it. In your opinions is it worth it?

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 15:21 Quote
ivi4rk wrote:
im thinking of selling my norco to buy a 2010/2011 big hit and put boxxers on it. In your opinions is it worth it?
Thats a pretty sweet norco.... Its ur call tho. Similar bikes kinda, but i built up my bighit for dh w a dual crown and it was awesome! I loved that thing!!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 15:51 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:
Thats a pretty sweet norco.... Its ur call tho. Similar bikes kinda, but i built up my bighit for dh w a dual crown and it was awesome! I loved that thing!!!
i love yours! and well its pretty hefty. and i think big hits seem more dh than my norco. itd be pretty even to turn mine more dh or swap for a big hit and put duals on it. well cost anyway

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 18:29 Quote
ivi4rk wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:
i love yours! and well its pretty hefty. and i think big hits seem more dh than my norco. itd be pretty even to turn mine more dh or swap for a big hit and put duals on it. well cost anyway
Thanks man... It has a new home now... Had to make room for the demo. Whats the rear travel on ur norco?

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 0:03 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
Thanks man... It has a new home now... Had to make room for the demo. Whats the rear travel on ur norco?
its 7" i bought it in the first place cos it was a cracking deal and to konw if i like dh lol. but now i know i do, i'd like something more towards dh than everything

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
Heres my specialized big hit, had a lot of money spent on upgrades, but still got a Mavic EX823 laced on to a hope pro 2 evo ordered a long with a new elixir front brake!!

my specialized big hit with upgrades marzocchi 66 RC3 s Fox dhx shock nukeproof seat sunline v-one bars crankbros 5050 x pedals truvativ holzfeller cranks maxxis high roller tyre gravity stem avid elixir 5 e13 ls1 chain device

Also i need some help.

I ordered a 135 x 10mm BOLT IN rear hub, is this the right size?

Posted: Jan 3, 2012 at 21:53 Quote
hi guys, im planning to change my rearshock spring on my bighit II 2009 (fox van R), any suggestion what size should i buy?since im really newbie to this kind of stuff..
and im 65kg though..

and is it worthed to change the spring or should i upgrade the rearshock instead? because my mate 2010 big hit I using a fox RC4 and it rides amazing, but the rearshock is pretty expensive.. Frown

thanks in advance..

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 15:56 Quote
specialfx wrote:
hi guys, im planning to change my rearshock spring on my bighit II 2009 (fox van R), any suggestion what size should i buy?since im really newbie to this kind of stuff..
and im 65kg though..

and is it worthed to change the spring or should i upgrade the rearshock instead? because my mate 2010 big hit I using a fox RC4 and it rides amazing, but the rearshock is pretty expensive.. Frown

thanks in advance..

Either use spring rate calculator on http://tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx

OR

ship a shock over from pinkbike in america as there is none anywhere else really but quite a few in america, cost me £10 dollars to ship it over in 10 days and the shock cost £80 (DHX 3 btw)

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 9:41 Quote
'09 big hit on saint & nukeproof components

specialized big hit 09
specialized big hit 09

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 2:44 Quote
photo
hey guys what do you think about it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034579
Mobile Version of Website