Powered by Outside

+/- £500 Street/DJ rig

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
+/- £500 Street/DJ rig
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
My insurance company have finally caved in and said they can't replace my bike properly so I'm getting a cheque through the post for £500 smackers. With that I'm hoping to get a bike & a hefty lock. BUT It's nearly Christmas and if I do end up spending the full 500, or maybe a bit more, I'm sure my parents will be happy to buy me something sensible like a decent bike lock.

Ive been having a look around and theres a few that stand out to me. Previously I had a Slacker and LOVED it. Theres one on Leisure Lakes for about 550. It's a top notch ride but I'm a fan of change so I'm kinda looking for something a little different.

Chain Reaction Cycles are getting the new NS Holy in soon and that looks like it would a be a beast of a street bike but looking at the kit you get for the price compared to the Slacker makes me hesitate.

There are plenty of other good choices out there; DMR Drones, Reptoids, Konas and allsorts. Just wondering if any of you guys any have suggestions for really good street/DJ bikes you've got or seen for around £500.

Cheers!

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
NS holy is totally worth it, great geo, and a better deal than last year, NS have managed to get a lot of their prices down. IMO the frame has better geo than the slacker and looks better.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23223
That looks alright for the money too, might be worth looking at if you want suspension.

FL
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
If you look at the ns holy for £550, it comes in a rad colour and all the components are loads better, and it comes with a disc brake.
NS Holy 1

dj3's which come on most bikes are nothing amazing, you're probably better going for a rigid because you'll get a lot more for your money, then you can always buy forks later on when you've saved up a bit more- you can get pikes now for £160.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
as for your lock go for the New York Legend Chain 1515 all the info regarding it is in the link

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 9:43 Quote
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/abus/granit-lock-1000-100-ec005746

That is a great choice of lock, just make sure you put some WD40/GT85 in the keyhole when you get it and every so often depending on how much it is left in the rain and used.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
great lock^^ but with the new yorker if u register your lock and tthe bike still gets stolen they will give u £2500 to buy a new bike

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
Thanks guys.

I'm leaning more towards the NS holy I reckon. Not too keen on the colour of the Holy 1 but I reckon a respray wouldn't be too much, and I think the £50 extra is really worth it for the extra upgrades.

As for the lock, I was considering Kryptonites. Especially the higher security ones like that New York chain. I think I'll definately look into getting one of those baboys. If anything simply having the tradename Krypotnite across the lock should deter some of the more educated opportunists.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007401
Mobile Version of Website