Bike forks bolt through HELP PLEASE :P

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike forks bolt through HELP PLEASE :P
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
Hey guys im new to this ive always had quick release bike wheels lol and they are fine i like them . i am building a bike from new parts and i was thinking of getting marzocchi jr t quick releas forks as they take a quick release wheel but i realy want to get bolt through but do i need to buy a new wheel to do this ?

Many Thanks Ryan.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
No, you will need to buy a solid axle and have it installed in your hub.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
There was no need to make two threads on the same subject mate.

If you wanted to get a 20mm bolt through front hub you would have to buy a fork that is compatible with a 20mm axle(not the jr t you were looking at). You would also have to buy a new 20mm front hub and get it built onto your existing rim, buy a new complete 20mm front wheel or buy a new 20mm hub and have it built onto a new rim. A complete new wheel is usually the cheapest option there.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
There was no need to make two threads on the same subject mate.

If you wanted to get a 20mm bolt through front hub you would have to buy a fork that is compatible with a 20mm axle(not the jr t you were looking at). You would also have to buy a new 20mm front hub and get it built onto your existing rim, buy a new complete 20mm front wheel or buy a new 20mm hub and have it built onto a new rim. A complete new wheel is usually the cheapest option there.

I don't think he wants a 20mm setup, he just wants to know if he can convert his QR axle to a bolt on axle. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
If he does he will need to tell us what his hub is.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
lol im thinking about getting a new hub built into my wheel so thanx for thwe tips peeps realy helpfull !

Thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009677
Mobile Version of Website