Which is better: 2009 Boxxer Teams(NEW) or 2010 Boxxer Races(NEW)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which is better: 2009 Boxxer Teams(NEW) or 2010 Boxxer Races(NEW)
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:20 Quote
Couldn't be any wronger. The difference between the 09 race and team is the floodgate adjuster that on the race is set by default to the hardest setting to blowoff. That's why when you run some low speed compression on a race the fork doesn't blowoff soon enough for 99% of the riders and then spike on high speed impacts. With the team you can adjust the blowoff with the floodgate adjuster in order to be able to run some decent amount of low speed compression and still get good high speed absorption. You can adjust the blowoff on a 09 race internally to achieve the same performance as a team. I don't know if you can do this for the 2010.

If you don't run any low speed compression, then yes, get the cheapest. But if you race and want to get the benefits from low speed compression (less brake dive, stay higher in the travel in berms, pedal better) get the team.

FL
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
I have 07 teams and i honestly feel very little difference between them and the race.. although i have not ridden the new model! i feel that unless you are a really serious and experienced racer there is not enough difference to justify the difference in price!

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
Well, I guess that you dont run much compression on your for what is your setting? I'm running 2 clic from fully closed and 4 clic from fully open on the floodgate and i removed the blackbox speedstack because the fork was spiking from getting too much high speed damping after the blowoff.

There is lot to learn here. Even if you are not Racing you can benefit of a good suspension tuning you will have more control and more fun.

FL
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
I run the same pretty much, at least with compression anyway...

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
I'd say the races but buy em from TF.

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
Boxxer1990 wrote:
I have 07 teams and i honestly feel very little difference between them and the race.. although i have not ridden the new model! i feel that unless you are a really serious and experienced racer there is not enough difference to justify the difference in price!

no.. you just don't know how to properly set up your fork then. there is a difference between the Team and Race. It is a good enough difference to justify the price difference. Even if your not racing it is still something that is really nice to have.

FL
Posted: Dec 20, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
depends how much money you have... i feel you can have a set of races that perform equally as well as teams minus a few adjustments. Oh and i know how to set up my fork thanks... just if i was gunna buy forks again i would get races! also with the improved adjustments etc the new model will be even better than the older one!

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
The new 2010 chassis is far superior to the 06-09, i have ridden the wc's and have just bought the Teams myself (not ridden yet), may i also add that i have placed the add for the 2010 races in question(better let you know) on my other profile.
I will also add that these ARE the revised 2nd editions with the supposed build/assembly problems the 1st edition encountered removed.
Feel a far superior fork to the last versions..2010 chassis all the way!!
But i could just be biased, and Rock Shock could be going backwards in design....Lol Smile
No competition in my eyes. Especially for £529.99..you save enough for a couple of TF services.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 7:21 Quote
Well people, thanks for all the feedback you gave me, but here's what i have gone for, not yet fitted to the bike and the pics arent that great, but you get the idea Smile
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
Those look sweet with the purple crown(s) and the sticker.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 7:24 Quote
SkiRacer wrote:
Those look sweet with the purple crown(s) and the sticker.
the decals are actually silver and the crown is black Wink when i said the picture isnt that great, thats what i meant lol. i think it was the carpet screwing up the colour balance.. but its not purple Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 7:26 Quote
You serious?

Lololololololololololololololololol.

It looks crazy purple.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
il get some better pics up sometime soon of them on the bike, away from that carpet Wink lol

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
Good Job! you wont regret it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018679
Mobile Version of Website