Is this bike worth modding

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Is this bike worth modding
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
i have a iron horse yakuza chimpira which in my opinion is the best bike that cost $1000 dollars and under,but i am wondering if it is worth putting nice parts on and the best parts i can put on it while still spending the least money on all ideas are welcome and please no trash talking... thanks

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
Why not? you'll only make it better right?

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
Best bike under a grand? I built my entire Dobermann for less than that.
This is MY opinion, most IH's suck. Weird geo, cheap spec. Sunday's were cool and everything... but now they went outta business so I don't find em worth my time.

If you like the way the bike feels, sure go ahead and upgrade some parts.
If you dislike it and are hoping new parts will make it feel better, then I would just go for a different bike.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
What discipline do you plan on using it for?

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:35 Quote
i what to try everything i quess but mostly dirt jumping

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
zach001 wrote:
i what to try everything i quess but mostly dirt jumping
Then i'd have to say no it's not worth it. Sell it and get a DJ specific bike.

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
mine wasn't actually 1000 dollars it was 500 or something,the one with all the decent parts is like 1000 dollars

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
like i said i want to try everything,if it is no good for dirtjumping then i'll try something else

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:43 Quote
zach001 wrote:
like i said i want to try everything,if it is no good for dirtjumping then i'll try something else
Give it a try first without making any mods first. To my knowledge, the Chimpira is basically just a FR Hardtail.

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
ok i will thanks for your help

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
zach001 wrote:

I might be reading this the wrong way but if the bikes no good for Djing you will try something else... as in a different discipline or a different bike??

Surely you buy a bike to do a certain type of riding rather than do a certain type of riding just for the bike?!

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
when i bought it i did really didn't think about it but i started to think that i should try to get good at one disiplin of riding ,and my mom bought me the bike so she didn't really pay attention to what the bike was made to do i just wanted my first good bike to practice on

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 6:26 Quote
hi zach!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi zach!!!!!!!!!!!! guess wat i can count to????? you wanna no?!? well do ya?!?!? its potato!!!!!

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 7:21 Quote
i know i can see that

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010034
Mobile Version of Website