Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
It's photo shop...

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
It's photo shop...
Yeah no doubt there's some retouching but I mean the composition, setting, depth of field and such. A killer bike can look like shite if you don't take the time to photograph it properly. Just ask WTH.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
What do you guys think is better air bag or foam pit?

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 20:56 Quote
Joelchapman wrote:
I feel more confident in foam bit, but air bag will probably be better because youre actually landing on a surface.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
Airbag, I've gotten hurt worse in a foam pit in one session than i have in 10 sessions on an airbag. Plus you can actually land on an airbag. Both are good though. I'm pretty sure I only got hurt in the foam pit because I was a noob at that point.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 0:37 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
It's photo shop...
Yeah no doubt there's some retouching but I mean the composition, setting, depth of field and such. A killer bike can look like shite if you don't take the time to photograph it properly. Just ask WTH.

I am so punching you in the leg when I am down in CO this summer.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:34 Quote
So I picked up a streetsweeper...
2012 Deity Street Sweeper

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:47 Quote
Looks mint! Those are some gnarly brakes for that little bike... You send!

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
Yeah I think I'll swap these calipers onto my AM bike and put my X2 calipers on this bike. These are the M4 calipers, Hope doesn't make them any more and the bore caps are special edition Big Grin

These will be perfect for my AM bike, I call it the Green Bastard. Parts unknown.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Kop5 wrote:
Yeah I think I'll swap these calipers onto my AM bike and put my X2 calipers on this bike. These are the M4 calipers, Hope doesn't make them any more and the bore caps are special edition Big Grin

These will be perfect for my AM bike, I call it the Green Bastard. Parts unknown.
That thing it pretty nuts. color scheme aint my favorite but it is specd really well. profile hubs?

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Kop5 wrote:

That thing it pretty nuts. color scheme aint my favorite but it is specd really well. profile hubs?
Yeah the color scheme put me off at first but it's grown on me a lot. Hope hubs. And ti spokes I think. I'm still waiting to take delivery of it.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
So I picked up a streetsweeper...

Sick! That's been in the buy/sell for ages, I remember having it in my watch list Razz it's got a hell of nice build. Cheers mate

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:

Yeah the color scheme put me off at first but it's grown on me a lot. Hope hubs. And ti spokes I think. I'm still waiting to take delivery of it.

I would re-lace with regular spokes if I were you. Unless you weigh 110 lbs and are super smooth, those ti spokes are going to let you down.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
Joelchapman wrote:

Both have disadvantages for most tricks imo, flips are the only trick I've learned into foam, everything else has been easier straight to hard stuff or resi. Also, I've had one of my worst falls into foam. I did a cork 7 and hit the side of the pit, (narrow ass pit) thought I was dead. I'd say between the two, I'd choose an airbag.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
Narrow ass airbag would also have similar results lol it all depends on the quality of the pit and quality of the airbag and weather and everything. Airdome is like a giant greenhouse and that foam is soooo nasty. But also some airbags in the sun get really hot and dont feel too good on the skin. Also landing straight up and down on airbag is definitely shittier than foam pit. Id ride either; both are fun

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054153
Mobile Version of Website