Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You know what thread we're in, yeah?

The DJ/Street thread?

Inspired are more street than trials.. quite different from a trials mod..

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
I get what street trials is, think we're all aware of Danny Mac. If you've been following this thread, you know that's not what we're about. That's like coming into a street bmx convo and suggesting a flatland frame, it doesn't make sense.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Does anyone make a 24" frame with a taper headset?
inspired bikes

Isn't that a trials frame?

Dartmoor 24player?

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 7:13 Quote
I think I posted that I sold my 22" wheeled S&M ATF BMX and was looking for some budget build advice for a 26" DJ. However, I came across Commencals' 2019 Absolut and it looks pretty dope for a $1000. Frame, fork, tires and cockpit seem to be pretty badass. Wheels and drivetrain, not so much. I've never been a fan of pinned or sleeved wheels but those along with the crankset are something I can upgrade after a season or 2 depending on how they hold up. Any thoughts, opinions or advice???

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 7:58 Quote
By "came across" do you mean directly from Commencal? It's a pretty basic build for the new 2019's but it does have 5 year warranty which is a safe bet for that company to still be around by the end of that. Those wheels probably won't stay straight after much. But it seems to be priced well for a 2019.

By comparison the YT dirt love, or canyon stitched 360 pro would be a better choice, however the dirt love is never in stock.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 8:23 Quote
Just looking around the interweb is how I found the Commencal but it would be factory direct from the USA website. The YT looks nice but can't find it anywhere in the US at the moment and imo the Canyon is ugly and seems to be comparable specs to the Commencal. I got awhile before I do this, possibly not even until next season, so I have plenty of time for research and more questions.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Fairly comparable yes but canyon has better fork and cockpit. Wheels are about even. But hopefully by next season they will have stock of that YT dirt love. I haven't even seen one used come up yet.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
Fairly comparable yes but canyon has better fork and cockpit. Wheels are about even. But hopefully by next season they will have stock of that YT dirt love. I haven't even seen one used come up yet.

Thanks man, appreciate the input. I still haven't ruled out building up an Octane One Zircus. Just trying to keep whatever I decide to do in the $1000-$1100 range, US dollars. I sold my BMX cuz I just turned 46 and it just didn't seem practical for me anymore. The BMX trail seen is dead where I'm at but plenty of MTB trails and pump tracks around and honestly when I just wanted to cruise around with my wife the BMX wasn't so comfy. I won't and can't be going as big as I used to but also I've always had nice, dialed custom bikes so I don't want junk for this DJ build but I gotta be budget conscious as well. Well like I said, I got time and I'm sure I'll have way more questions.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
Might not have too bad of an issue building over the winter and getting the out of season sales. Jenson, CRC, and other online stores usually have good deals weekly. At least that way you know the new parts aren't beat up compared to buying 2nd hand.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
[Quote="kwietrick"]
photo

Nice, I loved mine too. Great frames!
Size long Pivot Point for sale.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 11:28 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

inspired bikes

Isn't that a trials frame?

Dartmoor 24player?

Was hoping for steel. Think I'll have to go custom to get what I want. RIP.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 11:39 Quote
What about that Stout guy on here, seems like he’s making steel djers

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
He's a hero, and prolly the only dude I'd message about a custom ride. Know some dudes with them and seriously love them.

Posted: Aug 31, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
His frames are priced well too, not overly expensive

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.063925
Mobile Version of Website