Camera purchase question

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Camera purchase question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
I'm trying to take an intro to photography class and it says a "A 35 mm manually operable camera is required." I am a 100% newb and don't know for my life what I am or should be looking for. Help please?

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
Well you need to look for an SLR camera that uses 35mm film (not digital) which has manual controls (shutter, exposure, etc.). Just have a look on eBay for a used one, should be pretty cheap.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
Thanks a lot buddy, can you offer some advice on companies?

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
well the camera doesnt have to be a slr.. especially at your level (no offense) you may not be able to take full advantage of an slr... especially in htis day and age if you spend a lot on ur slr then when it comes time to move onto a digital camera it might be a big hole in ur wallet

id go wit a canon or nikon but thts just me.. read some reviews and stuff but in the end its up to u

and jsut wondering wut kind of class r u taking exactly? im wondering y ud have to have a 35mm cam still o_0

especially since lots of those types r discontinued models but this site mite help http://www.dpreview.com/

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
Yeah I'd go for Nikon or Canon. Even with some of their older 35mm cameras, you can use the lenses from those on their newer digital cameras, or you can use the newer lenses on the older cameras.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009658
Mobile Version of Website