What the best way to do trials ?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
What the best way to do trials ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 8:34 Quote
im starting trials and i just cant keep my balence long enuff to do tricks dose this devlope over time or is there tips for it ??

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 8:53 Quote
trackstanding is very important, you should be able to trackstand with either foot forward with no brakes. once you can trackstand balance will come to you but it takes time..a long time...

hope this helps
http://www.trashzen.com/index.php

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
scooter254 wrote:
trackstanding is very important, you should be able to trackstand with either foot forward with no brakes. once you can trackstand balance will come to you but it takes time..a long time...

hope this helps
http://www.trashzen.com/index.php
thanks i can stay statoinry with out braks for a while but as soon as there on im off within 6 secound

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
Are you trying on a trials bike or a MTB?

Trials bikes with a high BB are pretty hard to balance on when learning, but yeah it will get easier with time.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
Doch555 wrote:
Are you trying on a trials bike or a MTB?

Trials bikes with a high BB are pretty hard to balance on when learning, but yeah it will get easier with time.
im doing it on a mtb jump bike i can do 3 back hops and a foot jam and stuff i just cant blanece myself to do more imprtantstuff by the way im doing it singel speed aswell

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:08 Quote
a rigid fork may help. lower tyre pressures. tight brakes. and good old practice. and this website http://vids.biketrials.com/page3.htm

Wink

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
thanks why dose low tiere presure help btw ?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
im not a trial biker, but alot of trial bikes have realy thick tires at low pressure.
ive tried mmy mates and managed to balance on a curb for a while. (as in just the curb, no path)

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
stomper wrote:
im not a trial biker, but alot of trial bikes have realy thick tires at low pressure.
ive tried mmy mates and managed to balance on a curb for a while. (as in just the curb, no path)
i can do that but only at a medium speed

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
tomcat45 wrote:
well, just gives the bike more bounce and makes hopping a little easier. try to run the tires as low as possible without pinching the tube.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 10:30 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
tomcat45 wrote:
well, just gives the bike more bounce and makes hopping a little easier. try to run the tires as low as possible without pinching the tube.
i might aswell let all the air out lol umm ok ill try it

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
tomcat45 wrote:

Low tire pressure also aids balance... As the wider and flatter tire will be easier to balance on than a rock hard tire...

Use your brakes during the trackstand if you have to... As you really start leaning to one side your front tire can roll out from under you and you'll end up eating dirt. Hitting the brakes will help keep the bike in one place and you can cheat by loading the crank and drive train while the brakes are on to give the forward foot a solid non-moving platform to regain balance after any little mistakes. As you get better you can use the brakes less and even learn how to pull the bike back a foot or two to reset on a screwed up trick approach.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 14:26 Quote
Doch555 wrote:
tomcat45 wrote:

Low tire pressure also aids balance... As the wider and flatter tire will be easier to balance on than a rock hard tire...
lol gess so

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
but arent trial rims and tyres special? a jump bikes rim arent made for low pressure

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
also tighten up that fork as much as possible... the more it moves, the more you will waste your energy and momentum.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010894
Mobile Version of Website