Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 7:53 Quote
any decent trails around west yorkshire thats worth visiting

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 7:58 Quote
yea.. storthes hall - huddersfeild
shipley glen - bradford
st ives - keighley
middleton - leeds

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:31 Quote
there's yeadon tarn bmx track in leeds, stainburn kinda north yorkshire ish, about 20/30 minutes from leeds dunno where else really, new miller dam in wakefields meant to be ok but im yet to find the traisl there and some djish places near nostell priory on doncaster road near wakefield.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:32 Quote
ahh yea theirs post hill if you like dj
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
also there's temple newsam in leeds, nice little dh/4x section and loads of woodland to 'explore'

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:41 Quote
rob-k wrote:
also there's temple newsam in leeds, nice little dh/4x section and loads of woodland to 'explore'
any good there. iv never been

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
so so really, nothing very technical on the official track few nice jumps and berms you can get some speed on and a few drop offs which are quite fun so its not too bad, probs worth a visit.

then just go exploring the surrounding woods, me and a friend found some nice natural dh but im not sure if its strictly allowed.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
rob-k wrote:

i live like next door to temple newsam i have been round every aspect of the woods and that but i have been to post hill but only breiffly and roundhay park

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
do you ride xc?

most of the trails i have mentioned are freeride/dh

i could give a few hints on some good xc loops if thats what your looking for ? Razz

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
rob-k wrote:
so so really, nothing very technical on the official track few nice jumps and berms you can get some speed on and a few drop offs which are quite fun so its not too bad, probs worth a visit.

then just go exploring the surrounding woods, me and a friend found some nice natural dh but im not sure if its strictly allowed.

the offical track is ok but the drops are f*cked the logs have been moved by motobikes and as a result its just a lot of hard packed jumps with berms really but me and ryan found about a 30 - 40 second sprint downhill which is really fast i think i was topping around 30 mph chasing him though trees and theres a corner which is fun if you carry alot of pace into it you like drift around it and it seems like ages but its fun , nothing to tecnical just the odd root here and there but , the woods have a few sprint on it

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
towers08 wrote:
do you ride xc?

i could give a few hints on some good xc loops if thats what your looking for ? Razz

no im sort of a hardtail freerider and will have ago at a lot

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:20 Quote
towers08 wrote:
do you ride xc?

nahh towers we aint xc'ers

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
ahh kk. well go to storthes hall!

well worth the visit.

Views: 450    Faves: 2    Comments: 2

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
storthes hall looks good, is it easy to find and is it just pure dh or am/xc aswell?

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:55 Quote
rob-k wrote:
storthes hall looks good, is it easy to find and is it just pure dh or am/xc aswell?
there is always a lot of xc all moutain riders passing through so it cant be that bad.
the woods are pretty big. and its easy to find if you know the way

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031294
Mobile Version of Website