West yorkshire area trails

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
West yorkshire area trails
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
towers08 wrote:
rob-k wrote:
storthes hall looks good, is it easy to find and is it just pure dh or am/xc aswell?
there is always a lot of xc all moutain riders passing through so it cant be that bad.
the woods are pretty big. and its easy to find if you know the way

were is it may i ask

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
from Leeds you get a train down to Huddersfield then the Sheffield train onto Stocksmoor, its like the 4th stop.

then out of the train station you turn right then left down the hill and the woods are at the bottom of the hill on your left.

then if you follow the river along the bottom of the woods and keep looking on your right you will see a step up over the wall and the trails are in there Smile

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:11 Quote
[Quote="towers08"]from Leeds you get a train down to Huddersfield then the Sheffield train onto Stocksmoor, its like the 4th stop.

then out of the train station you turn right then left down the hill and the woods are at the bottom of the hill on your left.

then if you follow the river along the bottom of the woods and keep looking on your right you will see a step up over the wall and the trails are in there Smile [/Quote

is it worth visiting though

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
yea for the dh/freeride trail.
im not sure what xc stuff there is their so for that i dont know.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
towers08 wrote:
yea for the dh/freeride trail.
im not sure what xc stuff there is their so for that i dont know.

yer it a big area like or would i get bored if i went for the day

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
search Boothroyd Wood, United Kingdom on google maps

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 8:21 Quote
towers08 wrote:
search Boothroyd Wood, United Kingdom on google maps

will do

Posted: Jan 25, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
towers08 wrote:
from Leeds you get a train down to Huddersfield then the Sheffield train onto Stocksmoor, its like the 4th stop.

then if you follow the river along the bottom of the woods and keep looking on your right you will see a step up over the wall and the trails are in there Smile
its right then right then left at bottom of the hill then follow river n the steps on the left lol lol

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 4:40 Quote
More north than east but Dalby forest is a good up and coming trail centre, has a few good trails and is hosting an xc world cup this year... worth a go!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 8:38 Quote
bealzy wrote:
More north than east but Dalby forest is a good up and coming trail centre, has a few good trails and is hosting an xc world cup this year... worth a go!

were off there for a 2 day trip in may Smile

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:41 Quote
im going this weekend,

theres also a dh there so long as you know how to find it, only about 2mins long but quite technical if i remember correctly

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
bealzy wrote:
read my profile im going in mayWink thanks anyway tup

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:52 Quote
rob-k wrote:
im going this weekend,

theres also a dh there so long as you know how to find it, only about 2mins long but quite technical if i remember correctly

Could you get me a map please and post it to me if there is any thanksBig Grin

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
maybe depends if we park at the visitor centre

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
so you can find the dh is it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023884
Mobile Version of Website