Powered by Outside

Winterized bike for Manitoba

PB Forum :: Canada - Central
Winterized bike for Manitoba

Author Message
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
I'm thinking about getting a bike for the purpose of Winter riding in Winnipeg, MB. Winnipeg has to endure some crazy temperatures and I am wondering what bike I should get for these extreme weathers.

Here are some of the things the bike will need to endure:

* Winter weather between +10 to -40 celsius in Temperature
* Living on the plains so terrain is pretty flat
* Snow, slush, and Rain
* Rides that usually don't last longer then 10K
* Public commuting (no stunts)

What I think I need:

* Single Gear
* V style Brakes
* thinner tires to cut through slush

I've been looking at the Norco Scene SS. Norco is a good brand but I am a bit nervous because it is a first generation bike of it's type.

Do you guys think that the bike can survive? What do you think about first generation bikes from Norco? Do they last a long time and are they built well?

Any advise would be helpful.


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007428
Mobile Version of Website