Anybody help me out a little bit?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Anybody help me out a little bit?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 13:45 Quote
I just bought a bike from username Rockafella, he lives in Oakville, ON. It was posted in PB BuySell, it was a complete bike SX Trail with a totem. I bought it and picked it up, but Aaron boxed it up. I looked inside to make sure all the parts were there, but did not go over it inch by inch because I did not expect a fellow mountain biker to take advantage of another, but when I got home I realized the frame was cracked.

Does anybody know him or can help me out? He won't refund my money and said I must have broke the bike. Seeing how I bought it yesterday at 4pm and got home and called him by 9pm and sent him the picture of the bike in the same exact condition is pretty ridiculous.

In the future be vary wary of buying from this seller. Completely dishonest and won't man up and admit he scammed me.

By the way I looked at a picture of the bike he sent me when he was selling it and you can see the crack which is just a line in it. You would think it was dirt or a sticker and not think twice until you have it in person and see the crack.

Now I am out my money and have a totally useless bike.

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 15:25 Quote
go back round his house mate with your matesget your money back and he can keep his bike, thats out of order

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 15:27 Quote
in the future keep in mind just because they ride doesnt mean they arent a shady person. dont trust anyone.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 15:55 Quote
that sux but honestly you only have yourself to blame....if i was coming as far as you id at least inspected every inch of the frame before i left his house.

On a side note you could of drove a bit further to guelph and got my big hit thats in mint condition for alot less

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 17:16 Quote
Yo dude. Talk to specialized. Im sure they will help you out. My friend broke his 05 enduro like 2 weeks ago (he wasnt the original owner) and he got a new rear triangle for 50 dollars. Talk to Specialized and explain your dillemma, they are pretty chill and will probably help you out

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
[Quoten]snickkers wrote on your noteboard ( 3 mins ago )
if you dont like the thread dude then leave. We dont want you anyways. Yeah theres some pathetic kids, but most of us just wanna show out build cus we take pride in it. No need to be a dick about it [/Quoten]

i can respect that you gave your opinion but you really only needed to write it once on my wall not the wame thing twice.....and taking pride in your bike is great,...needing someone to rate it is something different...anyway have your fun far be it from me to give my opinion on a public forum

wrong thread. And yeah my internet sucks so it double posts. my bad.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 17:27 Quote
snickkers wrote:
Yo dude. Talk to specialized. Im sure they will help you out. My friend broke his 05 enduro like 2 weeks ago (he wasnt the original owner) and he got a new rear triangle for 50 dollars. Talk to Specialized and explain your dillemma, they are pretty chill and will probably help you out

dont count on it...obviously they wouldnt do anything for the guy he bought it off of because the warranty was voided with the repaint, you might get extremely lucky with specialized but i doubt it

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
snickkers wrote:

dont count on it...obviously they wouldnt do anything for the guy he bought it off of because the warranty was voided with the repaint, you might get extremely lucky with specialized but i doubt it

Just because it was painted doesn't mean they won't warranty it. I was about to repaint my 888 lowers once. Had the paint stripped. Snapped the arch in half. I read the warranty and it said any MODS voids warranty. Thought i'd send it in anyways.. What do you know, 2 weeks later i have a brand new set of lowers FREE from warranty.

At least try. You can't get any more screwed then you have now.

You would be amazed what they will do to keep you on their bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:41 Quote
I am going to contact Specialized and see what they can do. I don't expect them to do anything, but if they could throw me a bone I would be ecstatic. Definitely not looking for anything free.

I just wanted to post my experience so that others don't get caught up in the excitement when buying something and overlook something as simple as I did. That is what happened, I was so pumped to get the SX trail that I missed something important.

Plus, I also want everybody to realize how shadey rockafella is and to be leary of his goods for sale. Plus, I don't know what kind of buyer he is either, so to look out for that too.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
you should of checked the box before you left,is there no other way you can claim anything.

Did you also check your inbox.

See i saw your report and to be honest this is quite a tough decision,i actually remember the bike being built up a while back.

photo

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
knobzy wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
snickkers wrote:

Just because it was painted doesn't mean they won't warranty it. I was about to repaint my 888 lowers once. Had the paint stripped. Snapped the arch in half. I read the warranty and it said any MODS voids warranty. Thought i'd send it in anyways.. What do you know, 2 weeks later i have a brand new set of lowers FREE from warranty.

At least try. You can't get any more screwed then you have now.
You would be amazed what they will do to keep you on their bike.

staight off specialized site

Warranty on used bike?

Question
Do all specialized bikes have warranties even if you buy the bike used? Could you still have the life time warranty?

Answer

Our limited lifetime warranties are valid for the original owner of the bike only. A used bike will have no warranty attached to it.

Warranty on frame, second hand?

Question
In case of frame issue must I complain in the same store in wich I bought the bike? or will it be aceptable to bring my complaint to any Specialized dealer if I present the purchasing justificant/certificate/recipt?

Could I have the same warranty also in the case that the byicicle has been bought from, my collegue, second hand.?

Answer
Although it is often best to bring your bike to the shop you bought it from, it is not neccesary. Any Specialized dealer is authorized to help you with a warranty issue. It's really good that you have held onto the original reciept of sale too. That is especially important bringing it to a different shop than the one you purchased it from

However all warranties are for the original owner only. There is not warranty on a used bike. You can save a lot of money buying a bike used, but there is a downside; no warranty.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 13:51 Quote
And an email i recieved from specialized also:

Hi Shane,

Yes repainting a frame voids the warranty.

Thanks JONATHAN PILON Specialized Canada Customer service departement20975 Daoust, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, H9X 0A3514-457-1222 ext. 242 -----Original Message-----From: askus.specialized@custhelp.com [mailto:askus.specialized@custhelp.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:24 PMTo: info@specialized.caSubject: Customer Service Question for Specialized Canada

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:36 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
And an email i recieved from specialized also:

Hi Shane,

Yes repainting a frame voids the warranty.

Thanks JONATHAN PILON Specialized Canada Customer service departement20975 Daoust, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, H9X 0A3514-457-1222 ext. 242 -----Original Message-----From: askus.specialized@custhelp.com [mailto:askus.specialized@custhelp.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:24 PMTo: info@specialized.caSubject: Customer Service Question for Specialized Canada

of course hes gonna say that, he can't outright go.. sure if its painted we will warranty it.. PPl will start going crazy on painting shit. I am not saying they will warrenty, but there is a chance they may do it, or over a cheap crash replacement, or something. Not everyone in the bike world are monsters.

here is a quote of Marz Warrenty:

"NOT COVERED: This warranty does not cover
damage resulting from accidents, alteration,
neglect, misuse, abuse, or improper use
, lack of
reasonable or proper maintenance, improper
assembly, repairs improperly performed or
replacement parts or accessories not
conforming to Marzocchi S.p.A.’s specifications,
modifications not recommended or approved in
writing by Marzocchi S.p.A.,"

Painting/ striping paint is considered a alteration. Yet mine got covered. Let the kid try his luck and see what happens.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
No point in arguing about it,he should of had the sense to check the bike before he left.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
whose argueing....just proving to "knobzy" that beside being the second owner a repaint frame is void of warranty and im talking specialized not marz there 2 totally different entities.
And the kid your referring to is 31 haha

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018041
Mobile Version of Website