University Students thread - All lazy student types welcome!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
University Students thread - All lazy student types welcome!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 6:28 Quote
Alright dudes, was looking through pinkbike and it seems there's no thread for us uni students!

so here's a place where you can share, minimal ranting and random fights please, though as we've already removed the annoying 12yr old pb users that shouldnt be a problem!

so come on in, share you're tips on buying bikes and bike stuff on a student loan, how to save money on food so you can afford that next bike part, recipies, anything really!

Have Fun!

FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
Want anything from the shop?

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
crudmunch wrote:
Want anything from the shop?
just went, got three wispa's a sevenup and a pack of cookies for 1.90. not bad!

it was rainin so i didnt get a cornetto tho!

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 11:16 Quote
To the top this thread will go!

So how many people now have no money because they spent it all on bike stuff?

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
meeeee! spent 120 quid on fork lowers! that was a neccessary purchase, lol

way to help this thread live chris. pretty pleased with myself though, sold crappy xtr brakes for 145 and bought new juicy 5's in pimpin white for 110 (god bless merlin cycles). so i have 35 quid beer money!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:27 Quote
Evening anyone doing the Bucs at Ae this year?

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
should be, gonna print of the entry form at uni tomorrow. sucks not having a printer, at home i got my fave pics from pinkbike on the wall. here i can afford to print them all off!

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
Yo!! not at uni this year because I took a year out to work in a bike shop to get my new DH rig hahaha! But got a place at Salford (manchester)... was wondering if anyone from near there would wanna meet for rides... ie give me a life (money saving tactic! Wink )

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
chazdog wrote:
should be, gonna print of the entry form at uni tomorrow. sucks not having a printer, at home i got my fave pics from pinkbike on the wall. here i can afford to print them all off!

There are only 3 unis entered we are one of them i cant wait it was amazing last year even if hte track was crap with a decent track and closer tohome this year will be epic.

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
only three? i know plymouth is entering, but we havent fully sorted it so far. who's entering atm then

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
Which 3 uni's have entered?

Im at Bangor uni in N Wales, loads of sick biking up here just dont have my bike with me yet as i have no where to put it, next year when im in a house will be sweet.

For the time being its just kayaking for me! and on the spending all your money on something that you dont really need thing... i have spent around £600 pounds on kayaking stuff! that made a significant dent in the loan! And still need new brakes for my bike at some point!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:53 Quote
chazdog wrote:
only three? i know plymouth is entering, but we havent fully sorted it so far. who's entering atm then
on here it says Aberdeen woop Smile Newcastle and loughborough

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:57 Quote
so all the really big uni's lol. got a mate at loughborough

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
currently fitting a set of semi slick dmr moto's to the dh bike so i can practise for the plymouth urban dh race, lol. go through the pedestrianised centre of town at even scarier speeds! lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010356
Mobile Version of Website