X-Fusion Velvet VS. Identiti Rebate Jump (Battle Of The Forks)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
X-Fusion Velvet VS. Identiti Rebate Jump (Battle Of The Forks)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 9:53 Quote
Ok so here is the problem,
I have never ridden a rigid 24" MTB or 26" but I have obviously ridden a BMX, and a 24", 26" suspension bike. So for my new build I need to know the PROS + CONSof both ridding a rigid fork against suspension and vise-versa. My build is a 24" MTBMX Mutant Evolution. I would be lowering the Velvet if I got that to about 60-75mm. So just let me hear the different opinions you have.

Thanks a lot,
Jake

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:44 Quote
Dude get a rigid

pros-stronger,lighter, much cheaper, give your bike a better ha/handling,more direct feel, no takeoff squish, much more efficient energy transfer/hop higher and they bend rather than snap in most cases.

cons-can give you arm pump on long/bumpy rides, not good for rockgardens lol.

Basically if you get a rebate it will be cheaper and better. People think they need suspension to stop their wrists hurting but in reality riding rigid only hurts if you aren't riding properly. Every bmxer can handle it so why should it be any different on a mtb?

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:48 Quote
Well I was debating getting a suspension because I just broke my arm Cry
But if I don't hear back from the X-Fusion guy Ill go ahead and order the rebate tomorrow.

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO HEAR THE PROS AND CONS OF A SUSPENSION FORK IF ANYONE HAS SOME THAT WOULD BE GREAT

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
Jholmie111 wrote:
But if I don't hear back from the X-Fusion guy Ill go ahead and order the rebate tomorrow.

I WOULD STILL LIKE TO HEAR THE PROS AND CONS OF A SUSPENSION FORK IF ANYONE HAS SOME THAT WOULD BE GREAT

I broke both my arms one in my right upper arm and both my radius and ulna in my left forearm. I found that riding would hurt with whatever initially but shortly after i was fine. I wouldn't recommend riding anything bumpy for a while or that'll hurt but rigid forks are lighter up front so at least you'll cope with that fine.
The only advantages to sus forks are that they give some slight comfort for general riding and they make your bike more versaitle for off road. Otherwise they're just added weight and another thing to break. You can scratch and dent a rigid and it'll be fine too.
Best thing to do is try one out, after a while you'll come to find it feels better and you wont go back.

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:31 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
Jholmie111 wrote:

I broke both my arms one in my right upper arm and both my radius and ulna in my left forearm. I found that riding would hurt with whatever initially but shortly after i was fine. I wouldn't recommend riding anything bumpy for a while or that'll hurt but rigid forks are lighter up front so at least you'll cope with that fine.
The only advantages to sus forks are that they give some slight comfort for general riding and they make your bike more versaitle for off road. Otherwise they're just added weight and another thing to break. You can scratch and dent a rigid and it'll be fine too.
Best thing to do is try one out, after a while you'll come to find it feels better and you wont go back.
Ya thats what Ill probably do but then again it goes to bars...Should I get nemisis weezy jeffersons? or gusset open prisons...i would like to get districts but there isnt any where in usa that has them

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
A good steel bar is what you want. It kills a lot of the vibration. I've owned both districts and prisons and they're both good.
You should get a chrome rebate and district, that'd be pimp.

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 11:49 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
A good steel bar is what you want. It kills a lot of the vibration. I've owned both districts and prisons and they're both good.
You should get a chrome rebate and district, that'd be pimp.
haha I would but im going murdered out as much as I can the possibly have my pro graffiti friend do some custom graphics

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
so i got more money then expected for my birthday so i am going to go with suspension. I really like a little forgiveness when I land hard and it fits what I do more I might go with a fox or still velvet lowered to 75

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 2:48 Quote
Jholmie111 wrote:
so i got more money then expected for my birthday so i am going to go with suspension. I really like a little forgiveness when I land hard and it fits what I do more I might go with a fox or still velvet lowered to 75

All the aussie Dartmoor rigs are using the X-fusion velvet lowered to 80mm and their working beautifully, not a complaint yet.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 2:55 Quote
i gotta vouch for the velvet, it's a damn good performing fork... HEAPS better than any zoke

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
sweet i am going to get one I think maybe lowered to around 65 or 70 because i am going to run a 3" bar what do you think?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008577
Mobile Version of Website