Are joytech hubs any good at all?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Are joytech hubs any good at all?
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
What is Felt's reputation like? In the freestyle world... What would people think when they see me riding one?

that you are a poser...

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
nofree69 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
What is Felt's reputation like? In the freestyle world... What would people think when they see me riding one?

that you are a poser...
How can I be a poser if I'm actually riding though? What am I posing as?

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 16:27 Quote
I believe that hub is an Odyssey V2 clone. Correct me if I'm wrong. So in otherwords, it should be good.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:23 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I believe that hub is an Odyssey V2 clone. Correct me if I'm wrong. So in otherwords, it should be good.

Not saying it's not cause I've never rode one, but do you mean clone or look-a-like or tried to copy and failed miserably. What I mean is the materials may not be the same. The design may be but maybe that is all?

I dunno just sayin'.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:23 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
What will people think when I roll up on one?

Why care? you already bought the bike just ride it.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
macneilwhitton wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Not saying it's not cause I've never rode one, but do you mean clone or look-a-like or tried to copy and failed miserably. What I mean is the materials may not be the same. The design may be but maybe that is all?

I dunno just sayin'.
I believe it's actually a clone, as in exactly the same. It may have different grades of aluminum or something but other than that, I'm pretty sure there aren't any differences.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:41 Quote
I copied/pasted this from Felt's BMX website: Joytech Aluminum Cassette w/ 9t Driver, Hollow 14mm Axle, 36H, Aftermarket Driver Compatible, CNC Alloy Axle Nuts.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:42 Quote
nofree69 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
What will people think when I roll up on one?

Why care? you already bought the bike just ride it.

You just kinda took that out of the context it was in...

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
Ride it 'til it breaks, then get something else. For about the same price you can get this.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:30 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Ride it 'til it breaks, then get something else. For about the same price you can get this.

Well, my dad owns a bike store so I'm getting my Felt at wholesale tup

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:31 Quote
Ah, that's pretty good then. Any other brands he carries?

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:32 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Ah, that's pretty good then. Any other brands he carries?

Felt and Raleigh

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:33 Quote
Haha, felt all the way.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Haha, felt all the way.

Yeah, Raleigh doesn't make BMX bikes anyways. The Raleighs compared to Specialized under $1000 USD actually spec' out better and have better prices.... trust me, I'd know Cool
Here's their site. You should really check it out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010347
Mobile Version of Website