Chain Skip

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:57 Quote
Have you got a spring tensioner or horizontal dropouts? Could be a problem with the spring tensioner. Mine did this. Chain kept catching on the tensioner was pulling it up making the chain go real slack. Make sure you chain is tight

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:18 Quote
same here... i also hit my tensioner on a tree, bent the hanger and my chain was skipping for weeks, i didnt have a clue-until that was the only thing i hadn't checked/repaired lol Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:31 Quote
James116 wrote:
Have you got a spring tensioner or horizontal dropouts? Could be a problem with the spring tensioner. Mine did this. Chain kept catching on the tensioner was pulling it up making the chain go real slack. Make sure you chain is tight

yeah the chains tight , and it isnt catching in the tensioner

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:31 Quote
carrerablastrider wrote:
same here... i also hit my tensioner on a tree, bent the hanger and my chain was skipping for weeks, i didnt have a clue-until that was the only thing i hadn't checked/repaired lol Smile

so you got a new cog and now it works fine ?

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
cogs were fine-i got a new mech hanger...
try a new rear cog it could be worn

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
my chain kept skipping but it was my bottom bracket worn on one side. never heard of it happening and no one seemed to be able to figure it out. it was throwing out the front chain ring and mashing the teeth into the chain. sooo random Big Grin

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
carrerablastrider wrote:
cogs were fine-i got a new mech hanger...
try a new rear cog it could be worn
yeah thats what im gonna try

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:
my chain kept skipping but it was my bottom bracket worn on one side. never heard of it happening and no one seemed to be able to figure it out. it was throwing out the front chain ring and mashing the teeth into the chain. sooo random Big Grin
oh haha , well i dont think thats the prob with me , i just got new cranks and bb fitted

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:01 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:

:O:O:O:O that the same think that is happening to me the now. my bb might be screwed. it have wrecked my new e-thirteen guidering Frown

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
i mashed through 3 chains before even the bike shop figured out what was up Dead Horse

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:04 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:
i mashed through 3 chains before even the bike shop figured out what was up Dead Horse
lol

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:

:O dammit, i gotta figure out whats up with mines :S i think my chain is catching on the cranks tab but not sure as skipping isnt that often so never seen it skip

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
mine wasnt that far worn down, but just enough that the front chain ring was a bit off centre. gradually the chain wore down the cog teeth and every so often it skipped, or jammed suddenly. its a pain to find out really. takes the piss when you keep dropping bits of chain everywhere Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
shovelmonkey wrote:
mine wasnt that far worn down, but just enough that the front chain ring was a bit off centre. gradually the chain wore down the cog teeth and every so often it skipped, or jammed suddenly. its a pain to find out really. takes the piss when you keep dropping bits of chain everywhere Smile

:O thats crazy likes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011378
Mobile Version of Website