Powered by Outside

To all Illinois DJ/FR riders.

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
To all Illinois DJ/FR riders.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
Starting early May(Early to post now but whatever), my friends and I want to build a park to ride everyday. The cool thing about this is that my parents own the land and are okay with the idea of us building this little "park." We have a Bobcat/Dump truck/Unlimited free dirt.

The Land.
-2 acres of open area slightly sloped downward. (Possible jump packs/Roll-in structure)

-The open field flows downward into a small (Car Size) opening into a forest(3 to 4acres) where we already have a trail set-up for dirtbikes and such. This is where the land is really sloped and a river at the bottom. (Mountain-like angle)

I believe there is enough space in the woods to build about 3-4 decently sized runs with objects such as:
*Roll-in/Drop-in
*Wallride
*Big motocross shaped berms
*Jumps (However many we can build)
*Small cliff drop (Roughly 10-15ft, I am not sure)
*Step-down
*Single track
*BIG jump (BMX style step-up)

Private land. Will be 98765456789 times better than Challenge Park. Space and trees for a cable cam for filming. Will be a really cool private set-up. Come out and HELP/RIDE!

The point of this thread would be to see if there would be any interest in helping us build these trails and jumps or possibly see how many riders are in the area. Unlimited riding privileges for helpers.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 12:28 Quote
where is the spot located...what town, depending on drive time i might be able to bring some riders to help build

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
lennyrocks wrote:
where is the spot located...what town, depending on drive time i might be able to bring some riders to help build

Kankakee, Ill. Hour south of Chicago on I-57.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 6:07 Quote
you should get in touch with the CAMBR guys who are behind Plainfield BP and the Garden. Plainfield is a great example of what can be done around here when it's done right.

Sounds awesome plan.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
I would but I'm unsure if I'd like to contact a group as a whole. I would really like it to be more of a select group of people digging/riding instead of a ton of guys just setting a gps and telling every rider they know about it.

I want the spot to remain kind of secret so it doesn't draw alot of traffic where my parents might pull the plug on me.

I move back to Kankakee thursday though, digging starts 8am Sunday if you're interested.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
C3Hove wrote:
I would but I'm unsure if I'd like to contact a group as a whole. I would really like it to be more of a select group of people digging/riding instead of a ton of guys just setting a gps and telling every rider they know about it.

I want the spot to remain kind of secret so it doesn't draw alot of traffic where my parents might pull the plug on me.

I move back to Kankakee thursday though, digging starts 8am Sunday if you're interested.

The first thing you should do for a good site is work with the sort of people that were suggested.

The first thing you should not do if you want it private is blab about it in a public forum like this.

The next thing you should do is understand recreational use liability law in your state and same for what is known as an "attractive nuisance" in statutory and case law where you live.

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 18:25 Quote
Well I cannot offer an organization an invitation to dig/ride. They appear to create their bike parks for the public/open use. I am posting this on a forum for the reasons that it is discipline specific (Biking, or whatever) and maybe find some area people to come by and use the land with me. While CAMBR does great things, it would be horrible for me to give them the right to work on an area to ride and have it shut down shortly thereafter due to the amount of traffic. Thus, individuals offering support can be granted use of the land.

Liability waivers will be mandatory, anyone that enters the property is doing so at their own risk **Fall and die? Hope you had fun, your family/doctors/lawyers will not be getting anything.** Trespassing on the land is forbidden, violators will be prosecuted.

First DJ is completed. Berm was constructed. Trails were mapped. Another truck of dirt is coming next weekend. Bobcat/frontloader will be brought in shortly after dirt arrives.

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
it's been a long time since your last post....hows it going out there, any pictures yet

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009411
Mobile Version of Website