Frame size

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Frame size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
i was just wondering is there a big difference in geometry between a 20.75 and a 21 inch TT. im a pretty tall guy (6'2"+) and had my mind set on a bike with a 21" TT but have found a bike with everything i want for a good price but it has a 20.75" TT.

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
There is a noticable difference but it isn't too drastic or anything. However, you'll likely feel more comfortable on the 21". I'm 6'2" as well and a 21" toptube feels relatively good for me. However, I'm pondering the idea of even going longer with a 21.25". It's preference though. If you do get the 20.75" and it feels too small, you can always get a longer 60mm stem to compensate a bit.

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
justin99 wrote:
There is a noticable difference but it isn't too drastic or anything. However, you'll likely feel more comfortable on the 21". I'm 6'2" as well and a 21" toptube feels relatively good for me. However, I'm pondering the idea of even going longer with a 21.25". It's preference though. If you do get the 20.75" and it feels too small, you can always get a longer 60mm stem to compensate a bit.

Will that really work..My frame is super short 19.75tt Hawk frame and i want it to feel longer.

I was thinking maybe a layback seatpost and a longer stem..

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
pyrofly wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Will that really work..My frame is super short 19.75tt Hawk frame and i want it to feel longer.

It'll change things a bit, depending on how long your current stem is. As far as the layback post, it's not going to change your riding position. A BMX is meant to be ridden standing, not sitting.

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 9:53 Quote
justin99 wrote:
pyrofly wrote:
justin99 wrote:

It'll change things a bit, depending on how long your current stem is. As far as the layback post, it's not going to change your riding position. A BMX is meant to be ridden standing, not sitting.
I don't sit on it .but I do use it to lean when turning.I guess your right ..What is the point of a saddle other than that..They should just make frames with out seat post and just have a saddle that clamps onto the frame..That would be cool.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009966
Mobile Version of Website