What is the lightest dirt jump bike frame on market?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the lightest dirt jump bike frame on market?
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:31 Quote
Oh the insanity lol
photo

Kenny, leave the internet for your own good.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:33 Quote
Oh Kenny, I can almost taste your tears. Mmmm so delicious.
photo

Kenny, it was soooo worth it all.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:37 Quote
kennynvb wrote:
well you just voided those first images, by releasing the fact that they are all from the same user.

perhaps he is overweight.

perhaps he is not smooth.

perhaps he is claiming warranty and uses extreme measures to break the frame seeing as there is an updated model in each circumstance.

Hey, sup. I believe I'm the one you're calling a fat hack trying to scam Specialized. So.

I weighed 140 when I broke the 2005, weighed 150 when I broke the 2008, and weighed 160 when I broke the 2009 (growing, not getting fat thanks). I'm 6'3", so you make the call on whether I'm fat. I can tell you right now that the 2006-2009 frames are weak as hell, since I have owned three of them. Thanks for playing.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
crs-one wrote:
kennynvb wrote:
well you just voided those first images, by releasing the fact that they are all from the same user.

perhaps he is overweight.

perhaps he is not smooth.

perhaps he is claiming warranty and uses extreme measures to break the frame seeing as there is an updated model in each circumstance.

Hey, sup. I believe I'm the one you're calling a fat hack trying to scam Specialized. So.

I weighed 140 when I broke the 2005, weighed 150 when I broke the 2008, and weighed 160 when I broke the 2009 (growing, not getting fat thanks). I'm 6'3", so you make the call on whether I'm fat. I can tell you right now that the 2006-2009 frames are weak as hell, since I have owned three of them. Thanks for playing.

hah longtime no talk crs.. i know your not bashing the p3 seeing how you wrote this recomendation:

"I got this frame on warranty, and I am VERY impressed. MY friends with all kinds of trendy steel frames prefer the feel of this, the geo is dialed. The paint is amazingly bright, the integrated chain tugs are SO useful, and the lifetime warranty and light weight seal the deal. I've been riding it with gears and singlespeed, with an 80-110mm fork, and I think it performs best with gears and an 80mm fork. The chainstays are incredibly short slammed, which makes the bike more nimble than the HA and BB height would suggest. It performs best built light, which gets expensive, and the offset rear end annoys me a ton (makes wheel builds weaker and more difficult). The seat and post are VERY light. For a street bike, 4X bike, or DJ bike, I would recommend this frame over almost any other right now."

and just to clear things up, i was trying to weaken the american's obnoxious testimony by poking holes and listing possible variables, not yorself personally. He could have told me that the bikes were ridden by three different people wieghing between 100 and 200 lbs and at different skill levels and i'd have been content and givin credit. He has succesfully completed my bidding as I spend most of my time on my bicycle (p3) rather than trying to gain a rock solid lifelong internet reputation at the age of 18. He can consider this "battle" won on his part for all I care; which would be zero. I simply wanted to see some broken versions of the frame I ride day in day out, so that i can keep an eye on those sections.

Later pinkbike.Salute

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
Cr might of broken his frames but each time he has gotten warrenty for a new one. I my self am 6 foot 145lbs and my frame is staying strong . if you want a strong frame get a p1 they are overbuilt. Have fun breaking that frame

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
You know, he still has another P series right. And uhh, it's also night time here, and I would be night riding if my trails were dry seeing as we had snow and rain for the past week. But uhh....thanks.

PS. He also has a Majesty. His True Street bike.

C Ya Kenny. Fab

PS-2, You still suck.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
No, you're right Kenny/Stitches, it's a good frame, just pretty damn weak. When I wrote that review, I was under the assumption that a 5 month lifespan was the exception rather than the norm.

P.s long time no dropmachine, why dat?

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
it doesn't let me log in! balls. honestly though, like most people who move west, for the trails and mountains, the computer just gets forgotten. so does most stuff like careers, and futures.

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
BTW, one of the lightest is a Proto by Severed Alliance based in England. 3 lbs and something.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
I'm disappointed I came late to this party...but here goes anyways:

photo

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating on P.Bikes, I love the geo on mine and have had no problems with it. I do most smooth/small dj's, but I have logged 3 days at Whistler all over the mountain on it and it held up fine. I wouldn't be surprised if it cracks this summer when I take it back there though.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 0:59 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
BTW, one of the lightest is a Proto by Severed Alliance based in England. 3 lbs and something.

not beeing cocky here but i have noted that us english do build rather light frames but are either really bad geo or just not nice to look at, while you american and canadian guys build gorgeous frames with spot on geo, if only our engineers could get together to build a super frame Smile _

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 1:06 Quote
madtag12 wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

not beeing cocky here but i have noted that us english do build rather light frames but are either really bad geo or just not nice to look at, while you american and canadian guys build gorgeous frames with spot on geo, if only our engineers could get together to build a super frame Smile _

lol so true, DMR is a prime example. Are Revell based in the UK? Their geo is wack too.

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 1:46 Quote
banshee amp?
one of the lightest without the huge expense of Ti

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 4:01 Quote
madtag12 wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

Couldn't agree more ahaaa

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013764
Mobile Version of Website