PIKES...

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
Ive been wondering, i thought pikes were more of an Am fork but i see them alot on Dj and street bikes, Why is this.

I was considering a pike for a more AM use

Is it a good idea??

(sorry if im kind of threadjacking here)

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
yeah it should be fine. i'm getting a pike for my p2, i like adjustments, esp. since i do everything with my bike - i even raise the seat to go trailblazing - so i could definitely make use of the lighter weight and extra adjustments.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 21:11 Quote
konabrother wrote:
454 duel air!!!!!!!!!!!

If your riding is really really smooth and you never ever crash. But if you do crash or slam down hard on the front end the dual air isnt going to last or save your butt. The seals are not good enough. The weight saving of the hollow crown and the aluminium steer tube on the 454 are also going to cause the top of the stanchion to weaken and the aluminium steer tube will likely bend or break. My fork I'm riding right now has finally given out because of all the torque on the front end. That fork was the original Pike "Team" and because the crown is hollow the top of the stanchions has come loose and makes allot of creaking noises. Its just a matter of time now till it breaks so I have bought a new one to replace it. The new fork is a 07 426 coil/

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:03 Quote
Would this be a good choice? price wise..

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/17000-315_ROCPK8_KIT-3-Parts-59-Forks/Accessories/Rockshox-Pike-426-Coil-U-Turn-Suspension-Fork-2008-w_-Deus-XC-Headset.htm

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:48 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

WHERE CAN I GET ONE FOR THAT CHEAP? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PIKE FOR THAT CHEAP!

HOLY f*ckIN SHIT LOLZZ I FOUND THE CAPS LOCK KEY, ARENT I A SPECIAL BOY

BECAUSE CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! and i put the caps lock on so hopefully i'd get the attention of whomever can tell everyone where to acquire a pike for that price.

your post was irrelevant and completely unnecessary.
i don't know, but maybe the buy/sellVery confused

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 13:14 Quote
anybody out there bashin the strength of a 454 dual air without riding it doesnt know much, ive had mine for almost 2 year now and its by far the best Pike out there.. its amazingly light, and it takes every bit of abuse. I have raced downhill on it, dirtjumped and nose cased on it, pounded the poor thing down every run around kamloops and it wont quit.. much more responsive than an 04 SL.. and plushieness is the MAXX

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:35 Quote
FLOW-RIDER wrote:

i thought he got a new pike for that little... so i was wondering which store/retailer/site would sell a pike for the price of a tora.

anyhow, i've decided on a coil uturn 409/426, and my lbs can do that for 600 or something close to that. but i need 800 because i have to get a new front wheel and hub with it - my fork is currently a standard axle.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:36 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
FLOW-RIDER wrote:

i thought he got a new pike for that little... so i was wondering which store/retailer/site would sell a pike for the price of a tora.

anyhow, i've decided on a coil uturn 409/426, and my lbs can do that for 600 or something close to that. but i need 800 because i have to get a new front wheel and hub with it - my fork is currently a standard axle.

You can get the fork and a whole wheelset for $800.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:38 Quote
Thanx for the info guys, im leaning towards a pike 426.. anyone know a site or store i could get one for cheap?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:39 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
FLOW-RIDER wrote:

You can get the fork and a whole wheelset for $800.

new, after tax, after shipping and everything, and what wheelset? where?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
If it was me I'd get on ebay and get the fork and some outlaws new from one of the stores that sells there. I'm not sure of the shipping situation with Canada so all I know are American retailers. It will be cheaper for you though.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 16:50 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
If it was me I'd get on ebay and get the fork and some outlaws new from one of the stores that sells there. I'm not sure of the shipping situation with Canada so all I know are American retailers. It will be cheaper for you though.

Would you happen to know any retailers around the pistburgh area, im heading down there this spring, and might be able to pick some up. Would they be cheaper in the states now that the canadian dollar is worth more?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
www.qbike.com

knock yourself out

i got my pike about 2 months ago, online, fomr blueskycycling, for 400 US, which is an absolutely incredible

426 air u-turn, no previous owners, 400. not bad price i don't think. funny though, i got it because it was the cheapest pike online new, but it ended up being the ebst for my needs

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 19:53 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
www.qbike.com

knock yourself out

i got my pike about 2 months ago, online, fomr blueskycycling, for 400 US, which is an absolutely incredible

426 air u-turn, no previous owners, 400. not bad price i don't think. funny though, i got it because it was the cheapest pike online new, but it ended up being the ebst for my needs

Thanx man.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
sweet deal, just ordered mine!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009812
Mobile Version of Website