Hop comp?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Hop comp?
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 18:02 Quote
haha yea, i can hop rly high onto stuff i think my record is liek 1 1/2 feet over something or sum like that

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 19:42 Quote
im in this. ill get a vid up soon enough

Posted: Mar 5, 2010 at 1:53 Quote
porker wrote:
ianfleming wrote:
there is no way someone could hop OVER SOMETHING 4 feet on a goddamn bike unless they're a trials rider. 40 inches is understandable, thats like bar height, but 48? that's brad simms shit.
Views: 2,003    Faves: 3    Comments: 3

did you say bar height?
HOLY SHIT Eek The highest i've gone is just over the 2ft mark

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 11:26 Quote
well i just got back on a bike for the first time in months, lets see what i can do

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 12:28 Quote
well im at 26" after being off the bike for 2 months or so now, video will be up later

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
Now that's a cool thread! I'm def giving it a try, although I still can't hop very hign. I'm constantly afraid of looping out ha.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:12 Quote
TwentyCent wrote:
Now that's a cool thread! I'm def giving it a try, although I still can't hop very hign. I'm constantly afraid of looping out ha.

I used to have this problem when going for really high hops, like 20% of the time I'd almost loop out and have to tuck up super sketchy. Any-who a longer top tube and chain stay length help with the looping out. Also putting your weight farther back before the hop can help..

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:19 Quote
svibm wrote:
TwentyCent wrote:

I used to have this problem when going for really high hops, like 20% of the time I'd almost loop out and have to tuck up super sketchy. Any-who a longer top tube and chain stay length help with the looping out. Also putting your weight farther back before the hop can help..

Yeah well I'm 6'5 and running an OG Sunday frame. I would kill to try something bigger with a longer chainstay, like a deucedeuce...but I know nobody who's got such a frameCry haha
I recently put my bars like it's chicago, and it seems to help.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:26 Quote
TwentyCent wrote:
Yeah well I'm 6'5 and running an OG Sunday frame. I would kill to try something bigger with a longer chainstay, like a deucedeuce...but I know nobody who's got such a frameCry haha

I'm like 6'2 and run a 21.25 TT with 14" CS, a frame that fits you will help a ton. Another thing you can do to help cope with a shorter frame and hops is sort of flick your wrists up right as you finish pulling up, it's hard to explain but basically it gives you more time to hop/tuck up the bike before you risk looping out.

Edit: When I had a shorter frame I ran my bars chicago too, but seriously a longer frame with a more normal bar setup feels like a hundred times better. For me anyway.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:37 Quote
well no vids from today but heres 2 feet from the summer time

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
that was pretty sick, xt.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
And after one day of real riding im past that so im aiming for bar hight

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 0:47 Quote
i got 30" but cant upload the video. i guess i wont win this competition.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
just upload it to vimeo or youtube and send in a link

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 16:12 Quote
well i dont really have anything to hop over in my backyard but the highest was 1 ft 3 inches its not really high so i most likely wont upload but my friend hopped six decks im trying to find the video

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022367
Mobile Version of Website