Newmarket (And surrounding area)

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Newmarket (And surrounding area)
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 16:38 Quote
Boooooo, knew this was comin, but thought we had more time. I think that councilor is actually my councilor for this area so let me know if you want to go meet him.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
Yeah that councillor is the one for this area of Newmarket. I definitely want to have a meeting with him.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 18:24 Quote
Started building today Smile

I'll be out again tomorrow. Hit me a message if you want to come out and lend a hand! I could deffinitly use a couple out there. Sweet trail in the works, if your lookin for somethin a little more freeride.

Trevor

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 18:39 Quote
Were you with a bunch of people? I rode past about 5 kids today and then later saw a black car pull out of the little parking spot on Bathurst. I guess I was too late.

I saw where someone raked a little bit, is that where you were?

Also forgot to mention that the digger at the park is now gone... Very confused

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 19:18 Quote
haha naw, there were a bunch of kids out riding. I do not consider myself one of those "kids" any longer haha.

I got a trail started from the top of that hill. Stopped right now where it meets that existing trail, probably where you saw rake marks. Trail comes into a 15-20 foot triple log gapper stepdown guy, those rake marks were just below where trannies gonna be.

Are you going out tomorrow? I will deffinitly be there again

Trevor

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 5:33 Quote
Sounds cool. I saw the logs, but didn't look above them. I was wondering what you were going to do there.

I'm not sure if I will be building today, might just ride again. But I will definitely be out there. Do you bring extra tools?

Speaking of tools, what do you have? I can bring out a hard gravel rake, mattock/pick axe thing, shovel and a hand saw. I discovered the wonders of the mattock earlier this year. The big berm further down the trail was built with just a rake and the mattock.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
Yesterday I had one o'them strong rake guys a big pair of pruning shears and a mid size axe.

Today I'm deffinitly bringing a shovel of some kind, and probably the axe/shears again, I dunno if the rake will be out? we'll see.

Probably out soon though.

Trevor

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
So tomorrow I find out when I can come out for a ride!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 9:44 Quote
If you have access to the Yonge Viva line, you can take that all the way to Newmarket and then just go through the Mall parking lot. That will leave you about a block and a half away from the trails.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
On my way out now if anybodies feelin diggish Smile

Trevor

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 10:35 Quote
I might go for a ride tonight at some point.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
I shall be out there from about 6 to 7:30 wearing a long sleeve grey Fox jersey. Stop me if you see me..

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
Just got back! That dirt is a dream to work with! haha and soo many Logs!

anyways, I've got like 80 feet or so still but a beauty little jump guy like 10 feet from drop in and I'm stalled at the 15ish stepdown log gapper guy still, but I've almost got a beauty take off finished.

I need help if this description gets anyone excited?! (I know buddy up there with the empire5's gettin a little stoked) I'm not jokin' around with this guy here; this trail guy. I'm on a hardtail so its all gonna be hardtailable...and uphill sucks...and jumps and corners(flat and bermed) are sweet...and thats the trail.

Come help me!
Trevor

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
Want to build/dig sometime this weekend? If ya do it in the morning it is a lot easier to park on Bathurst and I can bring out all of my tools.

I didn't get out there today. I went outside after work and it was way too windy and cold haha. If it isn't so windy out tommorow, I'll definitely be out there. I will be riding, but if you have any extra tools I will lend a hand.

Is this trail you've started going to tie into an existing one, or be a long new one?

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 15:49 Quote
it'll be its own guy. Its going to meet the trail at the bottom of that stepdown for like 15 feet and than hang right into those old djs. I'm going to fix the first two and reshape them to fit into the flow of the trail, and than hang back around to the left and try to find any remaining downhill I can and than hook back around to the right and tie up somewhere.

its going to stay basically adjacent to Bathurst though. At least on top of that hill and around somewhere. I'll try to edit onto your map you sent me tomorrow.

I'll be out again tomorrow building, and I've always got extra tools with me so I can get everything done myself haha

I don't have any trouble parking off bathurst there in that little break in the guardrail? Is it illegal or something...?

Trevor

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040212
Mobile Version of Website