A good DH bike (on the cheaper side).

PB Forum :: Downhill
A good DH bike (on the cheaper side).
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 17:33 Quote
Looking for a (cheaper) DH bike (not used).

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
Look in the classifieds... search the forums

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 17:58 Quote
ok...well cheap, new, not used. I think I know of just the thing...

DH Team:

Frame: 4-Bar Suspension linkage, Hydro-formed Aluminum frame

Shifters + Derailleur: Sram SX4

Wheels:
26" Star "Speed" disc rims 32H

Brakes: ProMax Disc's

Bars: Carbon wrap Fat Bars, 31.8

Seat: DH saddle with camo print, quick release

Tires: DH 26" x 2.35"

Pedals:
Alloy platform

Stem: 31.8 Ahead Stem

Suspension: Coil Spring rear adjustable, Front 3.937 Inches of travel Pre-load adjust

Shipping weight: 46.00 lbs

Reviews?:
IN THE MOUNTAINS: Our mtn. trails here are rather rocky; yet the DH Team soaks up the the bumps with nary a rattle. Although this bike is lightwight it absolutely mean rugged! Fork angle, frame geometry, and rear suspension- both front & rear shocks are adjustable- are perfect for serious mountain trails, and the Promax disc brakes easily and effortlessly will bring the bike from 40mph to 0 in 50 feet!

More info needed?:
clicky

It's a nice bike if you ask me. Perfect for Hard DH Riding and pretty cheap to boot. ENJOY!

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
ok...well cheap, new, not used. I think I know of just the thing...

DH Team:

Frame: 4-Bar Suspension linkage, Hydro-formed Aluminum frame

Shifters + Derailleur: Sram SX4

Wheels:
26" Star "Speed" disc rims 32H

Brakes: ProMax Disc's

Bars: Carbon wrap Fat Bars, 31.8

Seat: DH saddle with camo print, quick release

That's hilarious.

Tires: DH 26" x 2.35"

Pedals:
Alloy platform

Stem: 31.8 Ahead Stem

Suspension: Coil Spring rear adjustable, Front 3.937 Inches of travel Pre-load adjust

Shipping weight: 46.00 lbs

Reviews?:
IN THE MOUNTAINS: Our mtn. trails here are rather rocky; yet the DH Team soaks up the the bumps with nary a rattle. Although this bike is lightwight it absolutely mean rugged! Fork angle, frame geometry, and rear suspension- both front & rear shocks are adjustable- are perfect for serious mountain trails, and the Promax disc brakes easily and effortlessly will bring the bike from 40mph to 0 in 50 feet!

More info needed?:
clicky

It's a nice bike if you ask me. Perfect for Hard DH Riding and pretty cheap to boot. ENJOY!

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 18:04 Quote
Seriously though a good bike for dh would be the Scott FR30. They are on the cheaper side and not exactly the most DH oriented bike around but they will certainly handle it. Click here

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 18:45 Quote
How much are you looking to spend?

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 18:51 Quote
beaupre716 wrote:

$4000 at the very max.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 19:08 Quote
Fox1010 wrote:
beaupre716 wrote:

$4000 at the very max.

I'm partial to the Mongoose Boot'r. The Team version will set you back $4k with an awesome spec list, but I have the non-team version ($3k) and it still rips.

But you should also consider the Specialized Demo 8 I, the Giant Glory 1, the Trek Session 8, the Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro and the Norco mentioned above. I haven't ridden those, but they all have good reputations and specs and are worth a look.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
beaupre716 wrote:
But you should also consider the Specialized Demo 8 I, the Giant Glory 1, the Trek Session 8, the Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro and the Norco mentioned above. I haven't ridden those, but they all have good reputations and specs and are worth a look.

Do you mean the Scott I mentioned? I didnt see a Norco mentioned.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 19:44 Quote
Damn dude, $4K is some pretty decent scratch. I know you said new but that kind of cash buys an insane slightly used rig, new you are handing away a ton of money only to lose the value quickly. Hell I'd almost consider handing over the Jedi for $4K, got one ride on her.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 21:18 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
beaupre716 wrote:

Do you mean the Scott I mentioned? I didnt see a Norco mentioned.

Whoops--I just scanned the post and saw the words "DH Team" (the Wal-Mart bike) and somehow Norco's DH bike--the Team DH--popped into my head.

I just checked the link and "specs" for the Wal Mart bike--my bad.

By the way, who's riding for Wal Mart's downhill team this year? They have a team model, so there must be riders, right? Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 4:40 Quote
I think Steve Peat and Sam Hill have actually dropped Cruz and spesh and are now going to be riding the Team DH. But They are riding forks with 130mm of travel!!!

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 7:32 Quote
Simulation93 wrote:
I think Steve Peat and Sam Hill have actually dropped Cruz and spesh and are now going to be riding the Team DH. But They are riding forks with 130mm of travel!!!

I hear they might run prototypes with 135mm. Eek

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 7:36 Quote
Concider the Mondraker Kaiser? You might have money left over for some kit...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017485
Mobile Version of Website