Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
gilfrisco wrote:
mine just barly sags down

Beer
thats what she said

thats what steve corell said

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 0:39 Quote
mines to tight so it doesnt even move. and then super loose and hits my frame. Great time for a new sproket = =

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 1:35 Quote
you will ruin your bearings if its too tight

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 2:08 Quote
well, i don't ride BMX, but the BMXers at my school tighten the shit out of their chains to stretch them... they are f*cking idiots... i would tell them that that is why they go through 2 chains a month (really) not because their chains suck, but they would call me idiot. whatever, the joke is on them, they can spend $50 a month on new chains if they want, i don't mind.

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 2:12 Quote
well, on topic, 1/8" to 1/4" inch of play is perfect. your cranks should spin the same at the proper tension as they would with a loose chain, if not, then you have it too tight or your sprocket is messed up.
I reccomend a Homebrew components sprocket ( i'm pretty sure he does BMX stuff) made in the USA and top notch quality, low weight, and good price

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 17:13 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
well, on topic, 1/8" to 1/4" inch of play is perfect. your cranks should spin the same at the proper tension as they would with a loose chain, if not, then you have it too tight or your sprocket is messed up.

Depends on what you're after.

I'm not a big fan of my cranks spinning when my feet are off them. I usually bind mine in the BB, but I've had to do it via a tight chain in the past. Yeah, it's a bit harder on the bike to run a chain like that, but it's a lot harder on my body if the cranks move when I'm off my pedals and looking to land on them.

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 19:01 Quote
Yes, but as you mentioned it, the zip tie around the bb spindal pretty much deals with that problem.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 4:39 Quote
random-dude wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Depends on what you're after.

I'm not a big fan of my cranks spinning when my feet are off them. I usually bind mine in the BB, but I've had to do it via a tight chain in the past. Yeah, it's a bit harder on the bike to run a chain like that, but it's a lot harder on my body if the cranks move when I'm off my pedals and looking to land on them.

I have mine like that too. If you try to spin mine, they'll go backwards about 1 to 1 1/2 revolutions.

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 at 17:20 Quote
if you wanna do no foot cans, supermans, tailwhips (anything were you take your feet off the pedals) i suggest you make ur chain nice and tight. make it so that your cranks are fairly tough to spin (approximatly half a rotation with a fairly hard throw of the cranks). this will make sure your cranks stay in the same spot when you take your feet off, saves a ton of shin and knee pain. hope this helped.

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
i run mine as tight as a nun, cant have that shit movin around on no footed tricks !

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 15:34 Quote
please keep in mind i am not wanting to ruin/wear down and of my parts (chain, driver, hub)

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 15:35 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
please keep in mind i am not wanting to ruin/wear down and of my parts (chain, driver, hub)

man that takes a long time to do haha

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

a long time for what? to wear down parts/snap the chain? how long? a riding season?

Posted: Mar 17, 2010 at 15:48 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

a long time for what? to wear down parts/snap the chain? how long? a riding season?

to physicaly wear down a sprocket takes sooo long, you could always blow your driver bearing thow. but my season my differ from yours so cant give you a number

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012584
Mobile Version of Website