What'll Happen If I Sand My Frame ? What colour will it be ?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What'll Happen If I Sand My Frame ? What colour will it be ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
So the best thing to do would be paint stripper ? Where can I buy it ? Home Depot, Home Hardware ?

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:26 Quote
Home depot sells a product called "varnish stripper",it's basically the same as paint stripper,works just as good.

Wear gloves and don't get it on your skin,use a paint brush to apply it on.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:02 Quote
Maxxis957 wrote:
So the best thing to do would be paint stripper ? Where can I buy it ? Home Depot, Home Hardware ?
If you have access to a sandblaster or know someone who can sandblast it, that's the easiest route to go. Then after just do a little bit of sanding with some fine grit sandpaper or steel wool. Lastly clear coat it and you're good to go. However, unfortunately most people are unable to access a sandblaster in the first place.

I haven't done paint stripper myself but it should be your best bet (minus sandblasting). It seems to work well for most people. Lots of different stores carry paint stripper. There's Home Hardware, Rona, Wal-Mart and Home Depot just to name a few.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:04 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Maxxis957 wrote:
If you have access to a sandblaster or know someone who can sandblast it, that's the easiest route to go. Then after just do a little bit of sanding with some fine grit sandpaper or steel wool. Lastly clear coat it and you're good to go. However, unfortunately most people are unable to access a sandblaster in the first place.

I haven't done paint stripper myself but it should be your best bet (minus sandblasting). It seems to work well for most people. Lots of different stores carry paint stripper. There's Home Hardware, Rona, Wal-Mart and Home Depot just to name a few.

i dont recomend sand blastingyou can blow holes in your frame and it leaves a pitted look. and for paint stripper go to home depot and look for CIRCA 1884 or something along those lines. "da paint stripa" is also good to

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
i dont recomend sand blastingyou can blow holes in your frame and it leaves a pitted look. and for paint stripper go to home depot and look for CIRCA 1884 or something along those lines. "da paint stripa" is also good to
I get all of my parts sandblasted before painting them. I probably wouldn't sandblast aluminum or anything, but chromoly is more than strong enough. If the person blasting knows what they're doing, there is no need to worry. I haven't had any issues.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
justin99 wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
I get all of my parts sandblasted before painting them. I probably wouldn't sandblast aluminum or anything, but chromoly is more than strong enough. If the person blasting knows what they're doing, there is no need to worry. I haven't had any issues.

oh ya of course, but i thought you ment doing it your self.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 17:32 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
justin99 wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

oh ya of course, but i thought you ment doing it your self.
I probably should've worded that a little clearer earlier. My bad.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 19:55 Quote
You could always get it plastic or glass bead blasted I do it at work... this just got me an idea!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012826
Mobile Version of Website