Tips on doing 180s?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Tips on doing 180s?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 9:52 Quote
does anyone have any tips on doing a 180 from flat or off a raised ledge or something.?

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 9:56 Quote
carve into them then hop just before at about 45 degrees lean kinda forward and get used to back pedaling as soon as or before u touch the ground....dont go to slow or as soon as u land youll just stop so go kinda fast!

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
try to look at your back rotor/wheel in the direction you're spinning, it helps to keep your body twisted and your bike spinning to follow it. when you've spun enough, untwist your body and spot your landing

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
CREPITSA

put those letters in the right position and you'll discover the key to learning 180s!

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
i've got a hole in my head...i can't do things like that^^^ lol

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
or that cos the doctor said i can't ride for a week (so monday then!!) Frown

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
justinfriesen wrote:
carve into them then hop just before at about 45 degrees lean kinda forward and get used to back pedaling as soon as or before u touch the ground....dont go to slow or as soon as u land youll just stop so go kinda fast!

Id say learn how to 180 before you fakie aswell..

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 19:01 Quote
learning them on a bank works too. once you get them, they are the easiest thing. takes no effort to spin. but make sure you look over your shoulder.

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 19:36 Quote
Pull up on the bars, tall and thin = fast spin
Low and wide = Slow spin (watch ice skaters spin, see how they pull their arms in and then they start to spin like f*cking crazy?)

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 at 23:10 Quote
the best way to learn is over a little bank or quater onto a flat surface.. just approach the lip like your going to jump up onto it but as you leave the lip instead of just pulling up, hit it on a bit of an angle and look over your shoulder to were you want to land and rotate your body and the bike should follow.. same advice for 360s as well just look over your shoulder to where you want to land and rotate

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 at 7:31 Quote
Thanks alot everyone, great advice

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.051893
Mobile Version of Website