first ever berm attempt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
first ever berm attempt
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 13:58 Quote
heres some pictures of my first ever attempt at building a berm any info would be greatly appreciated

photo

thats coming in

this is sideways

photo

and this is where you come out

photo

any advice anything i should do different? its not finished so i dont need to know that lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 14:07 Quote
no it´s allright tup maybe you could put some trees or something like that behind the berm to make it stronger

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
i probably should have put up a pic of the backside its stacked up rocks and logs and it seems halfway deent im gonna smooth it out with better dirt

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 14:20 Quote
when you had done it already you should just finish the berm Wink

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
Looks good bro. And not to brag or anything but.....:P
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 5:37 Quote
i dont even know you bht i hate you haha nice berm i bet that took a while

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
all i can say is define the edges of the berm , and pack pack pack, otherwise good start dude Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 at 19:02 Quote
sicknasty5489 wrote:
i dont even know you bht i hate you haha nice berm i bet that took a while
Took about an hour each with 2 people digging.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 4:25 Quote
well thanks for all the postive comments ya'll i wasnt sure if i was off to a good start i spent like 3 day on here looking at berms and figureing out where i should put mine and stuff im pretty happy i have to finish it hopefully today Pimp

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 8:07 Quote
heres a few of ours.
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 8:36 Quote
NICE!! but wrong thread i think , but it´s an inspiration for the thread opener

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:10 Quote
youve got the right idea...tho to me looks like it needs to be longer, i'd say 2 bike wheelbase's long for a good fast berm
hope that helped

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
photo
just one of ours, basically like said before make sure its long enough to carry some speed

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
its pretty long longer than it looks in the picture it is about 12 or so feet long i would say i havent really been able to ride it to see how it works but i ripped it a couple times and i see why everyone loves berms i have ridden into the spot to hit a jump before when there was no berm and with the berm i deffinitly get more speed im prettty stoked to be able to finish the trail and then actually see what it does its going to need some fine tuning im sure but for my first shot im pretty happy about how it turned out

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 12:41 Quote
oh i forgot it is about a foot or so above ground level but i dug down around it how tall should a berm be?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020184
Mobile Version of Website