Official Squamish Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Squamish Thread
O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2024 at 6:30 Quote
djyosh wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:
How is Squamish riding in September? (dry, wet, varies, busy, empty) Can you book a Shuttle the day of or do they book way in advance? Looking for some advice from locals. Cheers

Weather can vary but should be good in September ie not winter rain and not too hot. I've only ever ridden the shuttle once and it was empty - and that was Canada Day long weekend. It was an impulse buy when I got to the bottom lot. If you book a shuttle and don't make it (if you took longer on a lap than expected or got lost) I am sure they would just get you on the next one - unless it was totally booked in advance. I'm pretty sure that, by September, they will only be running on weekends.

If you do just decide on jumping in when you get there, they don't take cash - I had to book online and just show the payment confirmation to the driver.

I appreciate the info, I'll call and find out if only weekend shuttles by September I was planning weekdays, I don't mind the grind up but rather not. Thanks again.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2024 at 8:05 Quote
You should consider an emtb as an alternative to get as much done as possible. Set your ego aside (if that’s an issue - and I get it) and get as much trail covered as possible. That way you could check out Alice lake and diamondhead’s greatest hits without the shuttling.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2024 at 7:05 Quote
djyosh wrote:
You should consider an emtb as an alternative to get as much done as possible. Set your ego aside (if that’s an issue - and I get it) and get as much trail covered as possible. That way you could check out Alice lake and diamondhead’s greatest hits without the shuttling.

Alice lake area looks like a doable climb - multiple laps, Diamondhead not so much, I would shuttle that. I would consider an ebike as a last resort not so much an ego thing, just very particular with my bike set up. Nothing worse than renting a bike and spending hours setting it up. Something to consider as an option if the shuttle does not work out.tup

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 14:07 Quote
BornOnTwo wrote:
How is Squamish riding in September? (dry, wet, varies, busy, empty) Can you book a Shuttle the day of or do they book way in advance? Looking for some advice from locals. Cheers

September's are typically great. Usually reasonably dry and not too hot. One of the best times to come IMO

You really don't need a shuttle, and there isn't much of a shuttle culture here. Everything is very pedalable

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012053
Mobile Version of Website