Kelso Biking - Chair Lifts

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Kelso Biking - Chair Lifts
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 at 8:40 Quote
Anyone know when the chair lifts are open to bikers? Please tell us!

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
I DONT think they are. or recall if they ever where? i hopeee this year they are if you find out be sure to let me know, i well do the same.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
They are only open for O-Cup races and then for 2 weekends surrounding thanksgiving.
Thats what it was last year at least.
I work there so i'll ask my boss and get the official word.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 19:08 Quote
You ARE the chairlift at the wonderful Mt. Kelso.....

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 17:29 Quote
you just wish you could live there

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
Currently the owner of kelso is looking into his options regarding building up a mountain bike park which of course will require the use of the lift. But that will probably be happening next season.

awesome

Posted: Sep 12, 2010 at 21:20 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
Currently the owner of kelso is looking into his options regarding building up a mountain bike park which of course will require the use of the lift. But that will probably be happening next season.

ahaha. First of all. Kelso is owned by conservation halton. which is owned by the goverment. And second of all. Not happening.

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
jo-biking wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:
edit.

ahaha. First of all. Kelso is owned by conservation halton. which is owned by the goverment. And second of all. Not happening.
edit

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 20:30 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
jo-biking wrote:
jpv2008 wrote:

That's the kind of attitude that makes things not happen. The kelso ski hill area is privately owned. The owner contacted Mike Samson of twisted sticker (www.twistedsticker.com) to inquire about someone to build these trails. Mike then forwarded my friend's dads name as we had recently redone some local dirtjumps. The owner is now planning a meeting to look into what can be done.

Dude. Ive worked there for 5 years.
http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/

Government runs conservations areas.

And dont say thats the attitude that makes things not happen. What makes things not happen is the ridiculously small mountain bike budget we work with, the enormous liability issues that come with a bike park, and the million other things that kelso is just not ready for. Maybe one day years and years from now we can see something coming together that resembles a bike park.
I spoke with the mountain bike coordinator the other day for awhile about the trail network. He cant even build a 4 foot drop without is being a liability.
And then you need to look at the cost for running lifts, and the inability to do maintenance on them for winter, if its being used all summer.

So many issues with having a bike park.
And one thing i can guarantee. None of them have to do with my attitude.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
Alright man. We'll just have to see.

FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
I hope this happens!! This would be sick!

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 14:53 Quote
We're working on it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 16:20 Quote
jpv2008 wrote:
We're working on it.

We're working on it? Do you work at kelso?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015539
Mobile Version of Website