Powered by Outside

RST Forks?

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
are they any good?

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:10 Quote
lets see.........um...................no! lol

people try and ride dh with them - and they get fork internals and springs fired in their faces. people try and ride street with them - they get bent steerer tubes!

basically theyre a joke.

and also RST make tape measures - they suck too.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no . went to candien tire ccuase i was looking at an ridee on tractor they had, and i saw a bike with them. i had to test ride. im not sure if they where air, oil, spring... its like , i dunno , bad. pedal they go down. how come they don't come back? f*ck. i only weight 180.... i guess it would be a ride to school sorta fork.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:12 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
lets see.........um...................no! lol

people try and ride dh with them - and they get fork internals and springs fired in their faces. people try and ride street with them - they get bent steerer tubes!

basically theyre a joke.

and also RST make tape measures - they suck too.

Another person posting pretty much pointless information. I've ridden two sets of 'space' forks and a society version of the RST classic now and to be fair, its not to bad, if you like a solid feeling setup upfront, go for it. Adjustment is crazy, but heck, basic works best sometimes! You got a fair few pro's throwing down on them too and they're holding up!

Use the search and you'll find yourself plenty of threads regarding them!

Sepi

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:14 Quote
actually in all fairness i rode with some rst triple clamps for a while lol
i had to replace the springs every few weeks and also the seals went and couldnt get replaced so i made my own out of inner tube and zip ties haha

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:17 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
i had to replace the springs every few weeks and also the seals went and couldnt get replaced so i made my own out of inner tube and zip ties haha

Didn't say you hadnt rode any, but the post wasnt exactly award winning now was it.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:19 Quote
i dont like rst forks, ive tried rst gila's and they suck.

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
u do relise wat RST stand for Riged Suspention Tecnolegy Wink (Bad spellin i no)

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
webber123 wrote:
u do relise wat RST stand for Riged Suspention Tecnolegy Wink (Bad spellin i no)

Ummm, what???

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:23 Quote
konasarkprimo wrote:
webber123 wrote:

Ummm, what???

i always thought it was called "Real Shity Technology"

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:24 Quote
konasarkprimo wrote:
webber123 wrote:

Ummm, what???
sorry i ment rigid suspension technology---RST

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:25 Quote
sepi wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

Didn't say you hadnt rode any, but the post wasnt exactly award winning now was it.

i was trying to make it light hearted and funny instead of some wierd HD review of a bad set of forks. jeeeez!

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:26 Quote
Right, this thread isnt going to go downhill, the guy asked a simple question and now its just being flooded with pointless crap. If you've honestly had a bad experience with the fork, post it up, explain the situation. If your just here to try and fit in and be cool by hating on a product that you've never ridden as your way to narrow minded to consider options that aren't 'scene' then dont post.

period.

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:27 Quote
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
i dont like rst forks, ive tried rst gila's and they suck.

um yeah they have new forks now. rst are an atomlab team sponser and your comment is like saying "i dont like rockshox, ive tried judys and they suck. Boxxer WC must be crap as!"

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
i Have rode with them n they really do live up to there reputation of being rubish mine hardly moved!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.321556
Mobile Version of Website