Rockshox Revelation for dirt/park?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rockshox Revelation for dirt/park?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 7:14 Quote
Holla pinkbike,

I'm concidering getting a Revelation for my dirt/park bike. My only concern is, would it brake under all the abuse? I'm ~150lbs, I enjoy going high and shredding. Currently on a 2008 DJ1 65mm. Any suggestions?

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 7:17 Quote
I ran one all of last season, and I'm pretty hard on parts. How long have you been riding?

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 11:45 Quote
Well then I assume you know how to mantain and trat your parts. Go for it.

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 19:33 Quote
But would the fork itself be strong enough?

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 9:20 Quote
Like I said; if you take care of it, it will be fine. That said, I only opened mine about once every 2 months.

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
Never had any problems, ran one on my hardtail since '07. Had a few nasty crashes on it and ridden it places it was probably never designed for, and its starting to lose performance quite a bit now, but that's more likely to be due to me never having serviced it/changed the oil or anything since I bought it. Not looking forward to what I might find when I open it up though, but that would happen with any fork.

It even put up with a less than brilliant landing on this drop too:
(not my photo but it shows the size of it quite well)

photo

Mine was the 9mm QR version too, so if you get one with a through axle it should be plenty.

If it does break you might have a hard time getting anything under warrenty if they ask you why you were dirt jumping on an XC/all mountain fork though...

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:47 Quote
Yeah man, thats my only concern. I only ever ride dirt and, nothing huge. Another concern is spinning. I dont know how well it'd take the sideways motion of landing a spin. Are they lowerable?

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:52 Quote
No, the Revelation is a All Mountain fork and Aluminum uppers and lowers. You will bend/break it faster than a proper DJ fork like the Argyle, plus the inners are not designed for repeated, heavy hits that take place with Dirt Jumping and park.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:54 Quote
I know plenty of people who have been SHREDDING pikes, and they seem fine. Mind you I dont know how much tougher a pike is.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:55 Quote
Pikes are very strong if you get one with a steel steerer tube! Loved my Pikes and hit many rough trails (though not DJing).

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:57 Quote
I had one before too, and I absolutely adored it. However I'm trying to lighten up my front end, and pikes weigh almost as much (.something pounds lighter, not worth it) as dirtjumpers, so this is why I'm looking at the revelation which is 3.7 or something pounds.

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 3:59 Quote
If you want to lighten up then, and have the money for it. Have a look at these then:

http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/10/forks/32_831

Lighter than Pikes and argyles and reviews Iv heard from people who have used them are very good!

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 4:01 Quote
As awesome as it would be, that 15mm axle is a bitch. What's the deal with the fox 36's?

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 at 4:07 Quote
You would need to look at the Talas or the Float, both have adjustment from 160-130-100mm and all have 20mm bolt through on both R and RC2 models.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013221
Mobile Version of Website