Specialized demo 9 rear shock help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Specialized demo 9 rear shock help
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 2:02 Quote
marquis wrote:
willshiels wrote:
marquis wrote:

you could but you would end up slackening the head angle even more and lowering the bb height.

Unless you make yourself a triangular link like found on the SX Enduro or SX trail.

To be honest i think he is trying to make his demo 9 an sx trail/enduro,i would just buy what he needs to get it ridable and save for a new frame.

I have a SX Enduro.. ...I like the demo 9... Rolleyes

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 2:04 Quote
willshiels wrote:
marquis wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Unless you make yourself a triangular link like found on the SX Enduro or SX trail.

To be honest i think he is trying to make his demo 9 an sx trail/enduro,i would just buy what he needs to get it ridable and save for a new frame.

????

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 2:05 Quote
marquis wrote:
willshiels wrote:
marquis wrote:

????

Dude I am also just awake..

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 2:07 Quote
willshiels wrote:
marquis wrote:
willshiels wrote:

????

Dude I am also just awake..

lol

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 2:17 Quote
I think that you could cheaply make a triangular mount which could bolt onto the high & low shock poitions. Measure the distance using a 2.5" stroke shock from the shock eyelet to frame and make sure the crogression curve is linear as you don't want to stress the mount too much. You will end up with the same geo but around 180mm travel, have a look at Nico Vink's Session 10 and you'll see what I mean.

There are a few down sides:
- The frame will still be 12lbs in weight.
- The host link axle path will be restricted.
- You may have play in the shock shuttle area often.

There is a solution: Send me your Demo frame and I will magically turn it into a 6" -7" Freeride frame that looks remarkably like a SX that I own..... Rolleyes

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 22:45 Quote
SwissTrail wrote:
marquis wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:
I'm just wondering, if it would make sense to fit a vivid air shock into my 06' demo9?! I'm thinking about build up somekind of a freerider with this frame, with a totem and an air rear shock! what do you think?

For all out freeride the vivid is crap as it has no high speed compression.

so what do you suggest?

do you think it would be nice to have a totem and an air shock on the demo9?

Buy an elka.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 22:58 Quote
Has anyone run the double barrel on the demo 9? I need to know if it fits. The FoxDHX 5.0 sucks. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 22:45 Quote
No it does not. Had a friend that tried and even dremelled his frame in attempt to fit it in (the kid has money, or his mom and dad do to say the least). Look at elka. I had one on my old demo 9.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
Will the Fox dhx rc4 fit the demo 9 frame?? like the dhx5 does??
241mm x 3.25" eye to eye shock??

let me know any reviews

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 11:32 Quote
i've never tried to fit an RC4 in a demo 9 but from the clearence there is with a DHX 5 i dont think an RC4 would fit cause of the slightly bigger piggy back on it. but as i said ive never tried, the dhx 5 works a treat for me

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 5:04 Quote
do you think mojo or tf tuning will be able to help me on that?
also i have a 400x3.0 ti spring will that fit on the fox rc4, its already got 400x3.25 spring on it?

do people rate the fox dhx rc4 alot over the fox dhx5????

cheers

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
lordyxxx wrote:
do you think mojo or tf tuning will be able to help me on that?
also i have a 400x3.0 ti spring will that fit on the fox rc4, its already got 400x3.25 spring on it?

do people rate the fox dhx rc4 alot over the fox dhx5????

cheers

Tftuned will be your best bet,if you also buying new have you looked at elka ?

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 12:27 Quote
yeh i'd recomend just getting a tuned DHX 5 if your wanting a little more performence as i can tell you that it will fit if its the right eye to eye and stroke length. its the size of the piggy back on the RC4 that concerns me as there isnt much clearence in the frame for anything bigger than the DHX 5 so nothing to so with springs.

ive just had my standard DHX 5 serviced and i wouldnt really want any better performence. the only issues i have with the DHX 5 are the fact i need it serviced 2-3 times a year but thats partly due to riding fort william too much and racing too

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 8:40 Quote
Just get a freakin Elka... Everyone I know that has one loves it. Mine was awesome, right up there with a cane creek double barrel or an avalanche.

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 at 6:12 Quote
I need to change the my demo 9s frame bearings, i've found bearing kits but do i need specific bearing pullers or seating tools?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041508
Mobile Version of Website