Need Listings Of All Known Saskatoon dirt jumps

PB Forum :: Canada - Central
Need Listings Of All Known Saskatoon dirt jumps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 0:04 Quote
hey i know of the small dirtjumps at the end of central in the dog walking park, i built a 6ft drop in to a step up jump, out there because i live close by. I also know of the dirt jumps out by hillcrest memorial gardens or w.e at the end of taylor or, down 8th street. What i want to know is where is there more? i want to ride a greater variety. any one know of ne north shore riding around town? Bigger dirt jumps then the ones at the end of taylor? any thing would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 0:23 Quote
kittensmasher wrote:
hey i know of the small dirtjumps at the end of central in the dog walking park, i built a 6ft drop in to a step up jump, out there because i live close by. I also know of the dirt jumps out by hillcrest memorial gardens or w.e at the end of taylor or, down 8th street. What i want to know is where is there more? i want to ride a greater variety. any one know of ne north shore riding around town? Bigger dirt jumps then the ones at the end of taylor? any thing would be greatly appreciated.

there's some out at Cedar Villas, here:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=52.092797,-106.7799&daddr=52.100614,-106.771027&hl=en&geocode=%3BFQb-GgMdrc2i-Q&gl=ca&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=12&dirflg=w&sll=52.171875,-106.851515&sspn=0.1775,0.445976&ie=UTF8&ll=52.100515,-106.770724&spn=0.001396,0.003484&t=h&z=19

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 at 23:34 Quote
Okay, so the jumps at the end of taylor , better know as the rosewood jumps, are legit. AKA the city is allowing them to exist and are willing to rent Bobcats for us make the jumps as big and as sick as we want them. Heres the catch, they will only lend out the Cats to the ppl who designed them. I know gerald from Bike Doctor was one of those guys. If you bug him about he'll do, i've been for awhile and he says he'll do it eventually but eventually will be a long time if nobody else bugs him about it too. So if you want real DJs talk to gerald and they will be built.

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 20:38 Quote
I would love to help out on making jumps i dont now if my skill level will be good enough for u guys im only 14 but i want somthing to ride so if u need help or anything just msg me and i will be happy to help

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 19:44 Quote
Me and my buddy are gonna build up the jumps by the looney bin big time this year, any help would be great, prob gonna be out almost every night and weekend, we really wanna clean up the run of all the damn sand and build at least another jump and clean up the bush around the jumps to make bailing a little less painful hahaha, we also wanna build up the berm at the end for a quick turnaround and possibly another jump after the turnaround, I live in Sutherland so it's kinda my home jumps. So we wanna do them up really nice!

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 16:46 Quote
ya i'll totally help you, the jumps are on and off everyone keeps changing them, the other day when i was there with my friends there were two guys with DH bikes(Specialized Big Hit 1 and Norco Empire 5) and they changed the jumps to their liking and because they're dh bikes they were heavy so they recked the jumps in a way by adding the lips only because if you have them then you don't get enough distance to clear the jumps so we took the lips away and fixed up the jumps, another guy made the last jump on the right a much larger gap(5-6 ft gap) which is easy for him but not for the rest because he is extremely fast going on the jumps so we added that crate between the jump incase you didn't make it, we also fixed the lone jump on the left because of the lip we changed it and now all we need to fix the landing because its still too long to make it.
djdeibert wrote:
Me and my buddy are gonna build up the jumps by the looney bin big time this year, any help would be great, prob gonna be out almost every night and weekend, we really wanna clean up the run of all the damn sand and build at least another jump and clean up the bush around the jumps to make bailing a little less painful hahaha, we also wanna build up the berm at the end for a quick turnaround and possibly another jump after the turnaround, I live in Sutherland so it's kinda my home jumps. So we wanna do them up really nice!

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 20:05 Quote
the lips there have to be built up because most of us are hitting them at a higher speed so more height is needed, and its no big deal, an empire 5 is a slopestyle bike, il probly be out there sometime this week with my dj to work and jump, how are the ticks out there?

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 at 21:36 Quote
yea i guess you're right empire 5 is more of a slopestlye bike,but even though when all my friends and me go at full speed from the top of the rock part we dont get enough distance to clear the jump, we get lots of air which is nice but we fixed it so its a mix of both now. The ticks suck alot i found one on me and a couple of friends found some on them too, theres also a huge snake around there that i almost ran over in the middle of a jump
djdeibert wrote:
the lips there have to be built up because most of us are hitting them at a higher speed so more height is needed, and its no big deal, an empire 5 is a slopestyle bike, il probly be out there sometime this week with my dj to work and jump, how are the ticks out there?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 9:16 Quote
could one of you post pictures of the jumps? Im not sure if they're the ones im thinking of because if they are then they are tiny

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 17:53 Quote
k, i will tomorrow cuz i'm going there, they're about 3-4 feet tall
sask250 wrote:
could one of you post pictures of the jumps? Im not sure if they're the ones im thinking of because if they are then they are tiny

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 22:27 Quote
does any one know how to get to the ced
ar villa dirt jumps from canadian tire on atridge?

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 23:33 Quote
well if you just type in cedar villa,saskatoon, canada on google maps it will bring it up and u will get there. then look around and you will find the dirtjumps... not too hard eh? just think a bit some times. btw if you still do not know how to get there after all that, go to get directions and type in ur location
konacowan97 wrote:

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 5:50 Quote
konacowan97 wrote:

The jumps are located through a small service road to the left right before you enter cedar villa, it goes behind some houses through a feild. If you look I have a small map a guy at bike doctor drew me its in one of my albums

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 5:51 Quote
Not left I ment right

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 17:25 Quote
Does anyone really know about the dirt jumps in briarwood at Donna birkmire park

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010672
Mobile Version of Website