Building a trail whats the must haves to make it hard and so i wont get board of it easy

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building a trail whats the must haves to make it hard and so i wont get board of it easy
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 6:05 Quote
im building a new trail whats the best way to make it long and intresting so theres always somethink hapening it there stuff i need to look for when im doing it sould i dig out ruts or pile soil up to make the tack sureface its mostly open with some rocks and some of its colsed up in the woods ?????????????????????????????

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
tomcat45 wrote:
im building a new trail whats the best way to make it long and intresting so theres always somethink hapening it there stuff i need to look for when im doing it sould i dig out ruts or pile soil up to make the tack sureface its mostly open with some rocks and some of its colsed up in the woods ?????????????????????????????

Allow room for multiple lines branching off of the one main trail. Then you can customize it to your liking Wink

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:55 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
tomcat45 wrote:

Allow room for multiple lines branching off of the one main trail. Then you can customize it to your liking Wink
yer sounds good whats the best way to dig berms and stuff to coz ive dug them into the ground and hammerd in post befor for berms

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 6:15 Quote
Best way to build berms?

Use logs and stuff so you dont need as much dirt. Just cover logs and wood with dirt. It will help your berms stay stong and you dont need to dig as much. Also, if you can get your hands on bricks to cover the berms, that is even better becasue bricks give traction and dont wear down.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 6:40 Quote
using logs is ok for burms.. the best way to do it is just dig them down so the walls are almost vert and your railing on the mineral soil. if you can find some nice monster rocks they work wonders for armouring the backside of the burm, the shitty part about using logs is that they rot and that ends up making shitty bomb holes in your burms. plus railing vert burms is so much fun!

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 7:05 Quote
Hobbs4 wrote:
using logs is ok for burms.. the best way to do it is just dig them down so the walls are almost vert and your railing on the mineral soil. if you can find some nice monster rocks they work wonders for armouring the backside of the burm, the shitty part about using logs is that they rot and that ends up making shitty bomb holes in your burms. plus railing vert burms is so much fun!

Ya use rocks and make them as vertical as possible.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 10:17 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
Hobbs4 wrote:

Ya use rocks and make them as vertical as possible.
kk thanks soud i have it with lots of change of direction or what??

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
Depends what you want. In my opinion, the fewer 180 degree burms you have, the better. 180 degree burms have to be HUGE in order to really cary your speed through.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 18:31 Quote
Yeah if your doing a 180 its gonna have to be a really good size burm or its going to be a super tight pocket burm they are totally doable and tonnes of fun but it will take you a few times to get it totally dialled.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 0:00 Quote
Hobbs4 wrote:
Yeah if your doing a 180 its gonna have to be a really good size burm or its going to be a super tight pocket burm they are totally doable and tonnes of fun but it will take you a few times to get it totally dialled.
kk sounds good whats the best way to get and obstical in the track so u have to go round it or over it right or will that make it boring

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
tomcat45 wrote:
Hobbs4 wrote:
kk sounds good whats the best way to get and obstical in the track so u have to go round it or over it right or will that make it boring
if u do that it will open up different oppotunitys to create a new line if u have a gap jump for e.g to the left have a really rocky steep section and to the right have a BIGGER gap Razz

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013164
Mobile Version of Website