What should i keep

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What should i keep
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
should i keep 2004 marz shivers in perfect condition or 07 marz 888 also in perfect condition?

please let me know what u think
it would be on a foes fly

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 19:38 Quote
Go with the 888s. Three years is like a liftime in suspension development.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
Go with the 888s. Three years is like a liftime in suspension development.
but the inverted might be stronger and the 888 are only the rv so do u think it will make that big of a differance

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
My memory is probably faulty, but I remember those Shivers eating seals and being leaky little buggers.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
and the shivers might have more flex as they lack the arch in between the lowers.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
My memory is probably faulty, but I remember those Shivers eating seals and being leaky little buggers.

i havent had a problem with them and my buddy has some and hes had them for a year and a half and never lost a single drop of oil yet

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
and the shivers might have more flex as they lack the arch in between the lowers.
what way would they flex? i have ridden a bunch of forks and i dont notice it just when i ride but i guess i dont pay much attention cuz im to focused on riding

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
ryanrider619 wrote:
kris-mk wrote:
what way would they flex? i have ridden a bunch of forks and i dont notice it just when i ride but i guess i dont pay much attention cuz im to focused on riding
I'm not sure I don't notice fork flex either, but I've heard people say that their inverted forks flex more.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:32 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
ryanrider619 wrote:
kris-mk wrote:
I'm not sure I don't notice fork flex either, but I've heard people say that their inverted forks flex more.

the only thing i can think of is side to side from the side load but even still thats why u lean and keep the load on the wheel basicly directly over the top of the wheel pushing into the ground

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
in the moto world, inverted forks are used for a few reasons... superior stiffness being one of them. The people who say that they aren't stiff are likely just assuming that that's the case simply because thay have no brake arch.
The bigger uppers and the fact that they fit over the lowers adds an assload of stiffness.

Even in the moto world, most "standard" forks have no brake arch, and they don't really have any issues with flex

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:38 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
in the moto world, inverted forks are used for a few reasons... superior stiffness being one of them. The people who say that they aren't stiff are likely just assuming that that's the case simply because thay have no brake arch.
The bigger uppers and the fact that they fit over the lowers adds an assload of stiffness.

Even in the moto world, most "standard" forks have no brake arch, and they don't really have any issues with flex
ive ridden dirtbike my whole life and so ive kinda been thinking that also but what do u think would be better?

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
ryanrider619 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

ive ridden dirtbike my whole life and so ive kinda been thinking that also but what do u think would be better?
well, i know that all the old marzo forks were awesome, i'm not sure about the 07...

I'm partial to the shiver because it looks like it means business and the nostalgia of having an inverted fork. And i'm pretty sure that the shiver was a pretty good fork. Test them out

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:46 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
ryanrider619 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

well, i know that all the old marzo forks were awesome, i'm not sure about the 07...

I'm partial to the shiver because it looks like it means business and the nostalgia of having an inverted fork. And i'm pretty sure that the shiver was a pretty good fork. Test them out
my buddy had 07 and he claims there the best year and he rides for karpiel and knows what hes talking about 99% of the time so i think im just gonna try them both and see what i like better

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
ryanrider619 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
ryanrider619 wrote:

my buddy had 07 and he claims there the best year and he rides for karpiel and knows what hes talking about 99% of the time so i think im just gonna try them both and see what i like better
That's your best bet right there, Almost everything in this sport is personal preference you can't really make a dicision off of other peoples experiences. For the record, 07 was one of their best years.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 20:51 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
ryanrider619 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

That's your best bet right there, Almost everything in this sport is personal preference you can't really make a dicision off of other peoples experiences. For the record, 07 was one of their best years.

thanks for the help man i appreciate it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009706
Mobile Version of Website