**help reducing bike weight for dh racing**

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
**help reducing bike weight for dh racing**
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
photo
please help any ideas/ cheapest ways to reduce bike weight apart from frame and forks would be much appreciated! thanks Smile

CURRENT SPEC:
Scott 03 high octane fr frame
boxxer 04/05?? race fork
avid juicy 5's 185mm
sram x9 shifter and short cage deralieur
manitou metal shock
atomlab wheel
mavic wheel Razz
maxxis minions
truvutiv husselfelts
crappy old pedals :L

sorry for kinda crappy spec list :L

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
new pedals, lighter rear shock/ ti spring, not much else besides the frame/ fork

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 16:04 Quote
thanks, just out of interest if i had to go for a new frame (second hand) what sort of thing is light good for dh??

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
youre not exactly rideing the newest technology, so you wont need soemthing super fancy. a demo 7 would be great, or if you need something cheaper, a bighit. both are relatively light frames. do you know the weight of the one youre rising right now?

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 16:55 Quote
ye we keep in oldskool in scotland :L ye was thinking a spesh but wasnt sure of the weight. no idea how heavy my high octane is tbh :L

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 17:56 Quote
samjoss wrote:
ye we keep in oldskool in scotland :L ye was thinking a spesh but wasnt sure of the weight. no idea how heavy my high octane is tbh :L

well i can speak of my bighit frame weight from experience. my bike weighs about 38 lbs with a not so light build. you can check out my pics. i was building the bike up not thinking of weight at all, manily of low price/ high performance, and then bam, i weigh it and its 38 lbs

Posted: May 25, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
my bighit2 is 18kg, straight off the shop floor

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014906
Mobile Version of Website